D&D 5E Tons of monster books out there, but what monsters aren't in 5e?

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Sime of these overlap with ones above. Not sure what has/not been converted in non-WotC sources, tbh.

avolakia​
chaos beast​
ethereal filcher​
hydrax​
kryst​
malfera​
mujina​
nightcrawler​
nightwing​
odic​
phantom fungus​
plasm​
spellweaver​
susurrus​
undine​
yrthak​

the Jester

Legend
To start by answering the thread question, there are so many monsters that I miss that it's not funny. I am a monster aficionado, so everything from the adherer to the avolakia to the zodar (which may be in the forthcoming Spelljammer material) is in my "really miss you guys" folder. I'll add a few more personal favorites- wrackspawn, fey lingerers, ruin chanters, disenchanters, void liches, osteopedes, fire drakes, janni, ravids, and tons of variants from 4e like the venom-eye basilisk or the umber hulk or beholder variants.

That said...

Not up to date with all the recent books, but I think these haven't been done yet.

Avolakia
Beast of Malar
Bebilith
Destrachan
Morgh
Shocker Lizard
Thought Eater
Yrthak
I have converted most of those, though several need edits and revisions to be in line with my current standards (which mix a lot more 4e design into my monsters). I haven't done the beast of Malar (too campaign specific) or the yrthak.

Ethergaunts (Fiend Folio), mechanatrix (planetouched race from mechanus), Thoon cult (Monster Manual V, 3.5 Ed), dragons (cobra dragon, brainstealer..) golems (for example paper golem), forgotten humanoids from 2nd Dragon Magazine...

Remove ads