• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Touch Attacks

Warbringer

Explorer
Touch Spells and Holding the Charge: In most cases, if you don’t discharge a touch spell on the round you cast it, you can hold the charge (postpone the discharge of the spell) indefinitely. You can make touch attacks round after round. If you cast another spell, the touch spell dissipates.

Some touch spells allow you to touch multiple targets as part of the spell. You can’t hold the charge of such a spell; you must touch all targets of the spell in the same round that you finish casting the spell.

The above is from the SRD.

To clarify You can make touch attacks round after round.. Once you successfully hit a target, the spell is discharged.. Yes/No?

irdeggman

First Post
Ahh but don't forget the bolded part from the SRD

Holding the Charge: If you don’t discharge the spell in the round when you cast the spell, you can hold the discharge of the spell (hold the charge) indefinitely. You can continue to make touch attacks round after round. You can touch one friend as a standard action or up to six friends as a full-round action. If you touch anything or anyone while holding a charge, even unintentionally, the spell discharges. If you cast another spell, the touch spell dissipates. Alternatively, you may make a normal unarmed attack (or an attack with a natural weapon) while holding a charge. In this case, you aren’t considered armed and you provoke attacks of opportunity as normal for the attack. (If your unarmed attack or natural weapon attack doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity, neither does this attack.) If the attack hits, you deal normal damage for your unarmed attack or natural weapon and the spell discharges. If the attack misses, you are still holding the charge.

JonnyFive

First Post
Party Wizard: i cast shocking grasp ahnd hold the charge.
GM: (Rolls Dice) ok the BBEG wizard cast itchy arse on you, make a fort save
Party Wizard: umm i got a 5
GM: ok roll your Shocking grasp damage
Party Wizard: I just incinerated myself didn't I?
GM: Yup.

ARandomGod

First Post
JonnyFive said:
Party Wizard: i cast shocking grasp ahnd hold the charge.
GM: (Rolls Dice) ok the BBEG wizard cast itchy arse on you, make a fort save
Party Wizard: umm i got a 5
GM: ok roll your Shocking grasp damage
Party Wizard: I just incinerated myself didn't I?
GM: Yup.

Note 1) That's EVIL
Note 2) "Itchy Arse" had better be in that guy's spell book when the PC's defeat him.

shilsen

Adventurer
cmanos said:
you could probably do it with a well worded command....
"Masturbate" (one of my favorite Commands, BTW) would do it, and painfully so. Unfortunately, that's not an option any more, since Command has a fixed list of commands now.

JonnyFive

First Post
ARandomGod said:
Note 1) That's EVIL
Note 2) "Itchy Arse" had better be in that guy's spell book when the PC's defeat him.

1)only evil to the party
2)the roll is the spellcraft
3)its a sorcerer :p

Remove ads