Tour of Darkness Censored Campaign Journal

scourger

Explorer
[Mission 23 – Exploring the Bombed-Out Ruins]

Günter has eluded me again. I know he's still out there. Eventually we will meet again and when we do only one of us will walk out alive (but then I guess only one of us is alive now anyway). We didn't find anything at the mansion, but at least we know the VC have cleaned it out and moved everything to another location. The real question is whether they moved it on their own or if Günter is in charge now. I’ll have to put vampire hunting on hold for a few weeks while we investigate the supernatural Saigon cycle gang. Looks like Doc finally gets to go insane.

-Jack Johnson

scourger

Explorer
[Mission 24 – Undercover Shore Patrol Investigation]

We took a break from vampire hunting for awhile, so that we could bust up a host of haunted harleys. Our cover of being with the shore patrol got us into the forbidden zone. Once inside we found the bar that we had been hanging out at the last time we had contact with the chupacabra chopper chaps. It was fairly empty since none of the G.I.s could go there anymore. So we just decided to head over to the whore house that we thought was their HQ. After we bought a couple of drinks we were about to head into the back rooms to investigate the rest of the place when we were recognized by the madame. As it turns out this was the same bar where the "transvestite" hookers attacked us last time. From WW2 Nazi vampires straight to g*** hooker vampires - truly ladies of the evening. Much like the last time we were here I had to clean house. 6 sucking s**** came at us, but only one pointy-teethed prostitute escaped. Turning to gaseous form is a pretty d*** good retreat. We searched the place, but didn't find much. The ash from several undead uglies was about all we could salvage. On a happier note it looks like doc is finally gonna quit smoking... or at least switch to matches.

-Jack Johnson

Man Johnson sure likes those ladies!

-Joe Koolakowski

scourger

Explorer
[Mission 25 – Loup Garou, Part Deux]

On our last mission we explored the French mansion where Günter was... no, we went in to a Saigon whorehouse where we... no, we spent the entire night traveling to our destination for a 2 minute fire fight. Yes, that’s more like it. We were supposed to pose as Peace Corps people and get onto a flight that was dropping a shipment of aid supplies into a jungle village. I’m not really sure how we were supposed to get there but we ended up hitching a ride on the plane and having to parachute into the jungle with the drop. We all landed safely and got into the supplies to find several hideous shotguns with silver bullets. It was obvious we were there to fight a werewolf. The village was decimated. Everyone was dead. Villager, VC, women, children it made no difference. We sat back to back in the middle of the village waiting for the creature to show itself. Finally it came upon us and raised its head to sniff our unusual scent. He seemed to be unsure of his next move until Mack raised his gun to shoot. The werewolf was incredibly fast and attacked back before he could fire his heinous weapon. I thought the fact that the creature hesitated before its attack was interesting, perhaps it knew that we were not VC; not it's enemies. But my thoughts quickly faded away as combat erupted around me. Several rounds were fired and the village caught on fire as the werewolf was wounded. Doc got a little too close and was badly wounded (we must keep a close eye on him), but he was able to get off the shot that sent the creature to the ground. We had subdued one of the greatest legends to ever live, we had captured a fictional character come to life, we had just blown the head clean off of a being trapped in a cursed body. I saw it more than heard it. My world just went silent. The horrible weapon that Mack used to kill this diseased helpless figure was the same as the heartless weapon in my own hand. Never again would I use a shotgun and neither will any of my men. Perhaps it is not the shotgun's fault that a cursed man died here today, but my mind must lay that blame somewhere. Mack will have to live with what he has done and Doc will have to live with being a werewolf and driving himself crazy when he changes. At least I don't have to worry about cocking a shotgun with one arm.

-Jack Johnson

scourger

Explorer
[Mission 26 – Dragon versus Alien]

[This mission saw the heroes through some plots. They were given a choice to lead either a group of Men in Black or a squad of Airborne Legends to a remote location in Laos to investigate a supernatural disturbance. They chose to lead the MiBs. Since they were leading civilians, their military discharges were effected immediately. A transport chopper took them to an infiltration point, and they covered the rest of the way on foot. The group found the Plain of Jars and made for a large mound in the center of the clearing. After battling some reptilian humanoids and crossing a moat, the unit penetrated the mound through an existing excavation. Inside was a massive underground chamber with a temple pyramid. They decided to enter, ray guns at the ready.]

[Inside, the heroes interrupted a fight. More reptilians and their dragon leader faced a group of serpent-men wielding axes. The band made their way past the creatures and down a set of stairs into another chamber. There waited the alien queen and her camouflaged guardian.]

[A pitched battle joined. The heroes blasted away with their ray guns at the xenomorphs and felled the guardian. The dragon, having concluded the fight above, clashed with the queen. Suddenly, the prophecy of the Elephant Man was fulfilled. Moments passed as attacks on all sides were indecisive. Finally, the alien tore the dragon apart and withdrew into the tunnel.]

[Unsure what to do, the heroes waited for inevitable doom. Minutes later, they decided to reconnoiter the tunnel. Nothing. They made their way outside and saw the queen running away through the jungle. On the final possible ray gun blast, Jack Johnson incinerated the queen’s massive head. One threat to the world ended.]

[The heroes didn’t get all the answers, but they survived their Tour of Darkness.]

[Until next time…]

[THE END.]

Remove ads