Tracy Hickman's view of the Dragon #300 sealed section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to get a life. I am sick and tired of the 9/11 excuse bull.

If you didnt like the issue then say so on solid grounds with REAL reasons. Attacking the issue for the pathetic reason of when it arrived is just sad.

As for his other comments.

Hey Tracy, your FAMILY game is about killing people and looting their bodies. Don't try to make it out as a sweet game of checkers.

BTW, equating the magazine is the sign of a reactionary and narrow mind. That is the kind of crap I expect from religous extremists and other wackos who try to demonize anything they don't agree with.

Stick to Sovereign Stones and leave the attitude at the door.

Last edited:

Kai Lord

Hero
In the Tracy Hickman authored TSR book Dragons of Winter Night, either Sturm or Flint looked at Laurana while they were battling on the High Clerist's Tower and feared the nightmares that she in particular would be subjected to if the evil men attacking succeeded and took her prisoner. I wonder what vile horrors Mr. Hickman was referring to, her being tickled to death? :rolleyes:

How dare Tracy Hickman equate the writers and editors responsible for Dragon #300 and The Book of Vile Darkness to TERRORISM?! Mr. Hickman owes everyone that he slandered in his newsletter an apology.

That seals it: I will never again purchase anything with Mr. Hickman's name attached to it, which is quite sad, as he *WAS* an old favorite of mine. This type of irresponsible disclosure of his opinion should convince WotC to never allow him to author a work for them again.

That type of closed mentality reminds me of the Mothers Against Dungeons and Dragons so long ago. Its sad to see an industry leader informing the world that M.A.D.D was right so many years ago.

Shame on you, Tracy Hickman.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Grazzt said:
is just completely ridiculous in its own right. How does one article or book completely destroy 25 years? Um...ok..whatever.

Obviously he'd have a hard time in any game worlds you and I would probably enjoy huh Scott?

Khanny, don't take it so personally. I don't. Hickman has his opinions. Certainly don't let that affect your judgement of Dragonlance 3rd. I say, give the book a shot.

alsih2o

First Post
(including “over-the-top, unrealistic amounts of gore)

looking back over the course of human history (recent hisyory included) i have to wonder what is considered an unrealistic amount of gore?

could it be worse than being drawn and quartered? worse than the crusades? worse than the inquisition? worse than wolverine being torn apart to have adamantine laced into and on his bones?(which fell under the cca very well)

what is unrealistic? the human race has shed rivers of blood, slain newborns over prophecy, attempted genocide, and felled entire species in opursauit of a buck, all without the help of a single demon or devil or evil campaign.

i normally do not buy Dragon, but this one i must now get, i want to see what horror they have dreamed up that hasn't been included in history.

Last edited:

Furn_Darkside

First Post
DocMoriartty said:

BTW, equating the magazine is the sign of a reactionary and narrow mind. That is the kind of crap I expect from religous extremists and other wackos who try to demonize anything they don't agree with.

Kind of like you just did with Hickman?

FD

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Irony

What I love are the posts that say, essentially:

"How DARE Hickman stand up and state his extremist opinion?! In retaliation for this irresponsible act, I'm going to stand up and state an extremist opinion!"

:Sigh:. Or rather, :snore:.

-z

Nightfall said:

Obviously he'd have a hard time in any game worlds you and I would probably enjoy huh Scott?

Yes, Tracy probably DMs a wonderful bit of Bunnies & Snowflakes.

Khanny, don't take it so personally. I don't. Hickman has his opinions. Certainly don't let that affect your judgement of Dragonlance 3rd. I say, give the book a shot.

How can I not take this to the extreme that I have when I see the "great" Tracy Hickman place industry professionals like Monte Cook and Jesse Decker in the same light as Osama Bin Laden and terrorism?

How could anyone not take it offensive ly? I can only imagine how the people he branded this way must feel when they read this.

I was very much looking forward to the new DL 3e and Soveriegn Press products -- but no more.

Ever.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I can see where Hickman is coming from, but it does indeed look like he overstated his position.

And, just to toss this in, ever since my group said "no" to evil characters we've been having smoother and funner games.

greymarch

First Post
I think Tracy Hickman was drunk when he wrote that. Honestly.

His little diatribe is poorly written and lacks the required proof necessary to convince anyone that he is right. I truly believe he was half in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads