Trade offer: Rod of lordly might for belt of giant strength

CapnZapp

Legend
With that being said - regardless of what you feel the rules are in this situation, it is largely irrelevant.

This was a TRADE thread. There was no need for rules discussions in the slightest, as it only detracted from the purpose of the thread - to trade one item for another. As far as DM discretion goes, pretty much every DM at my store allows wildshaped druids to wear any magic item that could reasonably be worn by the creature (as I outlined above). I don't care what happens at your stores as it doesn't impact me in the slightest.

Furthermore, as a former RC - I am keenly aware that DM discretion is always in effect. That is also an irrelevant point, given the fact DM discretion on whether I can use the item while wildshaped at table X or Y has no bearing on a thread intended to trade one item for another.​ If I happen to run into a DM who doesn't think it works, I will accept it at that table, and simply have the item be absorbed for the duration of the effect. Again, it is largely irrelevant to the thread topic.
Actually, I would say you yourself turned it into a rules thread, Kalani.

You claimed the belt operated under a set of rules: "trade it for a legendary belt of giant strength (any kind) as that item is still useful in wildshape". When RulesJD pointed out that it isn't that simple, and that this is up to the DM, you responded with a lengthy (and now edited) reply that in no way conceded that this is indeed up to the DM, instead delving into details about Elk anatomy.

By doubling up on your claim "something like a belt, ring, cloak, necklace or even bracers (which are just metal/leather cylinders for the most part) should work on most wildshape forms" I find it inappropriate of you to demand that nobody responds, especially for someone so experienced in forum communication.

I realize emotions run high, but at this point I really think you are best served by asking the mods to split the thread into one trade thread and one rules thread.

Sincerely,
Zapp

My 2 cents, on the bickering lol (i'm sure my opinion will fix it....hummm..)

people, plz. No need to disagree if it leads to sore feelings. If you really must know THE ANSWER, ask on twitter, and design team will get to the answer.

I do believe that RAW, a druid an "meld" items into body with wild shape, allowing certain items to be worn/used still.

RAW Kalani is "most correct". But this is a DM by DM ruling, saying "I wouldnt allow it" or "No DM would allow that" isnt helpful, UNLESS your the ruling DM in the game session in question.

They said what they want, and what they can trade for it. I'd say unless your taking up the offer or counter offering your "crap-posting"
The thread is 2 years old, how did you even find it???

MarkB

Legend
I'm not saying I'm correct... I'm saying the people with the "final word" should be consulted rather than continuing to debate the matter
Nobody was continuing to debate the matter. Until you replied to this thread, it had been dormant for nearly three years.

aazard

Villager
Nobody was continuing to debate the matter. Until you replied to this thread, it had been dormant for nearly three years.

I met no offence, if you would like I can remove my comment (already done). I ended up here not for this topic, but for the rod of lordly might, I had not noticed its age.

Remove ads