[Trailer] Dragonball

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ignoring what I feel about Dragonball in general, the Trailer just isn't provoking. Not really interesting in any way. It's like they decided to just random shots from the movie and put them into the trailer instead of looking for interesting scenes. Maybe they're just banking on the fact that people are going to see it or aren't going to see it solely based on the name...

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Ignoring what I feel about Dragonball in general, the Trailer just isn't provoking. Not really interesting in any way. It's like they decided to just random shots from the movie and put them into the trailer instead of looking for interesting scenes. Maybe they're just banking on the fact that people are going to see it or aren't going to see it solely based on the name...

Funny, they normally put the best scenes in trailers. Hmmmm.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I feel sorry for Chow Yun-Fat. Why man, why?

Lots of money?

Yeah, trailers don't matter for something like this, though. Dragon Ball has three camps of peopel, with very little line blurring between them: people who LOVE it, people who HATE it, and people who don't know anything about it (or as I call them, "the lucky ones"). Of the three divisions of people, only the first group will pay to see a DB movie, no matter what they do to hype it up. Other than some internet banners declaring the movie's existence, I'm really surprised they're even wasting advertising dollars on it.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I had one* simple expectation for a Dragonball movie: that it look like Dragonball.

Now I ask you, ladies and gentlemen: did that look like Dragonball?

*I actually had zero expectations for this movie, knowing it would be absolute garbage. But after watching the trailer, I added that single criterium, realizing that I had in fact always assumed that a Dragonball movie would look like Dragonball. Obviously, this was a very poor assumption.

TwinBahamut

First Post
From what I saw in that trailer, it just looks too modern and normal. It has no elements of that weird historical/fantastic/modern/futuristic mash-up that Dragonball has for a setting. Without that, the series loses a lot of its charm. I doubt this version will even have dinosaurs or a robot (let alone one designed in Akira Toriyama's unique style).

Overall, this looks like it may be even worse than the last live-action take on Dragonball, and that one was bad.

frankthedm

First Post
From what I saw in that trailer, it just looks too modern and normal. It has no elements of that weird historical/fantastic/modern/futuristic mash-up that Dragonball has for a setting. Without that, the series loses a lot of its charm.
Mostly agree with you, though I'd settle for a few mountain smashing fight scenes.

Unfortunately I am expecting a lot of filler. Nor do I expect master Roshi to be enough of a lecher.

Remove ads