[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

GreyLord

Legend
40+ year old men have a lot more cash than children do.

True.

It could be likely that, as I have with the previous Star Wars films, after I've seen it at opening, I will end up going a second time with a bunch of kids and grandkids in tow.

Whichever ones of them beg me to take them.

ccs

41st lv DM
Eventually, sure. But the New Mutants movie already filmed may not be part of the vehicle for doing that. Also note that the production cost of this film was sunk before the deal - nobody at Disney is responsible for it, so they may not be attached to it or feel their bacon is on the line for it.

I was referring to the idea that NM would maybe be the final Fox X-Men movie.

I'm sure Disney will throw it out there. Either in theaters or on +. No reason not to (even if they maybe don't spend alot promoting it).
But I really doubt future X movies will be made under the Fox brand. So yeah, probably the last Fox X-movie.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No reason not to ....

There are reasons not to. Any distribution has costs. A distribution also has opportunity costs (there are only so many movies folks are willing to see in a given period). Also, if someone at Marvel has other plans for the New Mutants characters, putting his movie out may not be aligned with that other idea, especially if this troubled movie isn't very good.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Movie still looks interesting.
Get to see it through work at a pre-release, so nice. Get a free ticket, and meal out of it for the small price of listening to a pitch on product.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'm just saying that if the demographic for Star Wars is 40+ year old men, then Star Wars might as well be mothballed. It's just going to fail repeatedly and spectacularly. 40+ year old men are a very, very poor demographic to try to market to. Particularly things like YA fiction novels, toys and cartoons. There just aren't enough of us willing to fork over cash which we generally don't have, since we have things like families and whatnot, for something like this.

So, yeah, if you're right, then you are saying that Star Wars is going to flush itself down the toilet in the very near future.
I mean, been to galaxys edge yet? Def not dominated by 40+ dudes. 🤷‍♂️

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Nope. No kids yet, and I don't live near Florida.

If either of those things were different, I would probably check it out.

Remove ads