[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
I’m not going to see it at the cinema. The movies are dead to me. However, I hope they prove me wrong and get good writers and do good things in the future. But I have no expectations.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
But a lot less disposable cash than teens and young adults. Which is my point. If Star Wars' demographics is middle aged men, then Star Wars is on its last legs and we might as well put it out to pasture.
No; they have the most.

A1525624-A895-4756-856C-23E120FE211A.png

Mallus

Legend
My experience is middle-aged people have more money and less time. Which, I suppose, is the equivalent of money under certain conceptual regimes.

Anyway... it seems weird to be discussing Star Wars in terms of marketing niches. TFA made a little over 2 billion dollars globally. Star Wars movies target the planet.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My experience is middle-aged people have more money and less time.

Anyway... it seems weird to be discussing Star Wars in terms of marketing niches. TFA made a little over 2 billion dollars globally. Star Wars movies target the planet.
Yeah. No franchise which has made over $3 billion in the last few years is struggling by any rational sense of the word.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Probably.
I wouldn't want to put any $ on a bet that Disney doesn't fold the X-Men & co. into the main Marvel brand.

Eventually, sure. But the New Mutants movie already filmed may not be part of the vehicle for doing that. Also note that the production cost of this film was sunk before the deal - nobody at Disney is responsible for it, so they may not be attached to it or feel their bacon is on the line for it.

Remove ads