• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Zardnaar

Legend
So is Mike Zeroh, one of the biggest Star Wars fan/sources out there, also one you dismiss outright because the narrative does not match yours? Even he mentions three different endings of the film in many of his clips. His delivery is different, but the content is very similar.

Mike Zeroh is a complete joke makes stuff up as far as I can tell. His hit/miss record is very miss.

Reshoots gave been confirmed but that video earlier came from a guy who claimed 75% of the movie got reshoot.

That's just not viable due to how the movies worked.

The leaks that a somewhat plausible come from early test screenings and/or from people with shots from the set.

You can see who posts it as some do have a good track record with previous leaks. You cross reference what they're saying with a variety of other sources or see what ones claimed what before trailers dropped.

Also look at what others say about the claims. It's no big secret RoS has had a lot of reshoots. That by itself isn't bad reshoots happen all the time.

Alot of them just make videos of what's in Reddit where the decent leaks come from. Dark Fate for example was more or less spoiled in it's entirety.

Other leaks are deliberate marketing or otherwise. Lots of leaks that are accurate generally means there's something going on behind the scenes in the production like the producer and director falling out or are a type of preemptive blame game as a movie tanking can destroy a directors career. Generally means the studio knows a movie is bad. Most leaks are test screeners who can't keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
*Citation needed

Mike Zeroh is the very first name I think of when I think of completely unreliable sources.

TFA 34

18-44

Not kids anyway.

But some of these YouTubers are reporting on stuff that came out months ago on Reddit.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Mode is perhaps the least useful type of average, especially when we're talking demographics. "This is the most common demographic of fan" is not nearly the same statement as "this is the 'average' fan and we should cater exclusively to them"

Zardnaar

Legend
Mode is perhaps the least useful type of average, especially when we're talking demographics. "This is the most common demographic of fan" is not nearly the same statement as "this is the 'average' fan and we should cater exclusively to them"

Movies usually have a target demograph. Sometimes you can make a movie to try and appeal to everyone and it appeals to no one.

Look at the heavy use if nostalgia in the RoS trailers, draw your own conclusions who they're aiming it at. Kids won't care about Palpatine.

And SW fans spend up larger than most. At least pre TFA.

Last edited:

Gradine

Movies usually have a target demograph. Sometimes you can make a movie to try and appeal to everyone and it appeals to no one.

Look at the heavy use if nostalgia in the RoS trailers, draw your own conclusions who they're aiming it at. Kids won't care about Palpatine.

And SW fans spend up larger than most. At least pre TFA.

I mean sure, that works for individual properties. But when you've got a massive multimedia franchise with broad appeal and a wide range of individual media targeting different demographics ('Forces of Destiny' vs the comic books vs the YA novels vs the cartoon shows, etc.) you don't really get to claim that Star Wars, as a franchise, has a specific demographic fanbase.

Gradine

Let me put it this way; I'm sure the "average" fan of the MCU and the "average" fan of the DC movies probably look a lot alike, demographically, but the same could almost certainly not be said for their collective fanbases as a whole.

Zardnaar

Legend
Obviously. That $200 difference? That's just the cost of taking yourself + SO & kids to see the damn movie....

It's an older demograph that spends more money or at least used to.

Iger was evasive in his latest investor call. Obviously he was spinning things but this year was probably peak Disney for a while. Next year there's no SW, Avengers, Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen 2.

UDK if he was referring to a hiatus if a few years in regards to 2022 or later. These channels we were talking about take a doing and gloom approach which I don't think is accurate but there's enough out there to indicate things aren't where Disney wants them to be. Cancel movies, TV shows, direct or turnover, toys not selling, Galaxy's edge not doing as well, Solo flopped, EA not doing so great with the game license etc.

ccs

41st lv DM
It's an older demograph that spends more money or at least used to.

Iger was evasive in his latest investor call. Obviously he was spinning things but this year was probably peak Disney for a while. Next year there's no SW, Avengers, Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen 2.

UDK if he was referring to a hiatus if a few years in regards to 2022 or later. These channels we were talking about take a doing and gloom approach which I don't think is accurate but there's enough out there to indicate things aren't where Disney wants them to be. Cancel movies, TV shows, direct or turnover, toys not selling, Galaxy's edge not doing as well, Solo flopped, EA not doing so great with the game license etc.

Your like Drax in GoTG aren't you?

Remove ads