[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I should have left my reasoning in the post, that way it would be 100% new and they wouldn't have to deal with a fan base that grew up with it.

I've got no problems with the movies or the direction they are heading,just some of the fans and waiting for the fans and the fans kids kids to die seems like the best way to get around that lol
So I am not allowed new Star Wars for the rest of my life so that hypothetical people who have not yet been born get to experience it new?

Yeah, no thanks!

Zardnaar

Legend
I should have left my reasoning in the post, that way it would be 100% new and they wouldn't have to deal with a fan base that grew up with it.

I've got no problems with the movies or the direction they are heading,just some of the fans and waiting for the fans and the fans kids kids to die seems like the best way to get around that lol

Disney likes aiming stuff at kids. The average Star Wars fan is a 46 year old male.

That's a marketing problem though. Hence resistance got cancelled and they're making a new season of clone wars.

Kids these days the MCU probably interests them more.

You've got or had a built in market of people who now have their own kids, who will line up for midnight screenings, and spend hundreds of millions of dollars in tie in products in years with no movies. They'll also go see you movies 4,5,6 times or more (17 times is best I know if).

They're trying to market to that group, if they weren't they would be busting out Palpatine or the OT stars in the lead up to TFA.

Zardnaar

Legend
fine but can we ban Zardnaar from seeing it at least? :p

Depending on how RoS goes I'll ban myself.

If some reports from more reputable sources are true there's been a lot of reshoots, that's expensive and if the test screening reports are accurate (not the crap video listed above) it could be interesting putting it mildly.

80-90% of what's out there is BS, test screening leaks went out about 2-3 months ago before the last two trailers went out so those ones are a bit more reliable than the 75% of the movie has been reshoot +which is BS).

I'm sure the Lucas thing in the earlier video is also BS.

Disney likes aiming stuff at kids. The average Star Wars fan is a 46 year old male.

That's a marketing problem though. Hence resistance got cancelled and they're making a new season of clone wars.

Kids these days the MCU probably interests them more.

You've got or had a built in market of people who now have their own kids, who will line up for midnight screenings, and spend hundreds of millions of dollars in tie in products in years with no movies. They'll also go see you movies 4,5,6 times or more (17 times is best I know if).

They're trying to market to that group, if they weren't they would be busting out Palpatine or the OT stars in the lead up to TFA.
if you wait till that 46 male and his kids and grand kids are dead, and then BAM! Star wars is brand new for the great great grand kids who have lived in a world without star wars. It also means they won't have to put with the fans like you and me :p

Zardnaar

Legend
if you wait till that 46 male and his kids and grand kids are dead, and then BAM! Star wars is brand new for the great great grand kids who have lived in a world without star wars. It also means they won't have to put with the fans like you and me :p

Heh. I may fit into the hardcore group except I don't buy toys.

IMG_20191110_112614.jpg

IMG_20191110_112624.jpg

IMG_20191110_113135.jpg

I think Iger is figuring it out and Disney will follow the money.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Considering how this was to be the grand final film of the TRILOGY, of the Skywalker Saga, and how the big plans of KK has blown up into her face. So many cancelled films (Kenobi, Boba Fett, Ruin.Johnson's trilogy, etc.)

The once proud franchise is long gone.

Bob Iger stated if was Star Wars Fatigue and they will do things alot slower than originally planned , yet the MCU is producing way more stuff with no fatigue in sight.

As for the so-called "reputable" sources, I don't see any of those mass shootings The Joker film was gonna make, nor anything else from those crack-pot critics/news, nor how often critic and audience scores are polar opposites.

Depends if the next trilogy is on hiatus. They might give it to Rian but they've cancelled at least 5 movies, if Iger was talking about the next trilogy being delayed/canceled that makes 8.

Rotten Tomatoes is trash, has been for years. Metacritic and UMDb are better IMHO.

But the usual YouTube suspects I don't treat as being reliable. Those are Nerdrotic, Geeks and Gamers, Midnights Edge, Overlord DVD etc. They're pushing their agenda and clickbait titles.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm waiting for the argument to convince me they should wait until I'm dead? And the people in charge of Disney are also dead. As are you. And your grand children. All because.... you don't like current Star Wars? But I do!

Who gives a crap what films people in 2075 might want to watch? I'm sure they'll have their own thing. Why can't I have my thing in 2020?

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't think he was being serious.

I took it as a joke that to reimagine Star Wars well you have to wait for the current fans to die off.

What fans want and what Disney are serving up is diverging. Not for everyone of course. Theme park with no OT elements in it, new toys not selling vs old toys, Resistance getting canceled...

Remove ads