[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But hey, if you want to farm out your own critical faculties to someone else, I can't stop you.

How about we not accuse folks of intellectual laziness for having found someone who says what they may think better than they'd have put it themselves, hm?

Zardnaar

Legend
The Ewoks were good.

Boba was never iconic and is still completely overrated even in the context of the expanded universe material where he actual does stuff.

The movie makes sense, and is just as easy to follow as the others.

Literally the pivotal moment in Star Wars is Luke’s rejection of the Dark Side and refusal to kill Vader, thus winning by having faith in another person. It is the point of the entire franchise. Without it, Star Wars is merely a fun romp through space. Cool, but hardly important.

The climax is great.

It’s the best Star Wars movie.

Fett's iconic he's also in the cartoons and his action figure has been the most expensive collectible figure ever.

He also places highly in most popular SW character polls.

If you don't like him that's fine but arguing he's not iconic is silly IMHO.

He was also a big deal in comics, games etc. I had a Fett poster, he was on t-shirts as well.

It's the armor, I suspect he is a paladin though.

Last edited:

See, this is IMO the hottest take of all! Allow me to explain.

Anyone who claims that one of the movies in the prequel is the best Star Wars movie is obviously trolling. They are just trying to get a rise out of you, or start a conversation. Sure, maybe they might stan for Revenge of of the Sith, but no one seriously would claim it is the BEST Star Wars movie. And if they are talking about Attack of the Clone, you know they are straight-up trolling.

Actually, I'm not trolling but you believe what you want to believe because beauty is in the eye of the behold eh.

The dialogue between Anakin and Padem is cheesy,but that's what happens when you're flirting or even just talking to the girl you've crushing on for forever*. Oh,you thought the clone wars was about a war against evil clones or something expected like that? Nope, it's a war WITH clones. And we finally got to see what Yoda can do with a light saber in his prime. Now does this make it the best,well no, but it makes it my favorite.

* As a writer and someone who remembers that age it is cheesy when you're awkward around your crush and it's hard to make it NOT cheesy and not end up with don juan or Rico Suave.

Zardnaar

Legend
Actually, I'm not trolling but you believe what you want to believe because beauty is in the eye of the behold eh.

The dialogue between Anakin and Padem is cheesy,but that's what happens when you're flirting or even just talking to the girl you've crushing on for forever*. Oh,you thought the clone wars was about a war against evil clones or something expected like that? Nope, it's a war WITH clones. And we finally got to see what Yoda can do with a light saber in his prime. Now does this make it the best,well no, but it makes it my favorite.

* As a writer and someone who remembers that age it is cheesy when you're awkward around your crush and it's hard to make it NOT cheesy and not end up with don juan or Rico Suave.

AotC does have its fans and that's perfectly fine.

The prequels were my first Star Wars for kids as well and they are mid 20s to 30 now.

Not sure if Lowkey is joking but his post was a bit much.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Which brings us up to the counterargument (I call this the "Umbran Maneuver" ...heh) - what if it's all planned? What if the Second Death Star is just what evil people do? What if Lucas wrote it just like this because he got in touch with his awkward, hormonal, youngling roots?

Let us be abundantly clear: Repeating Death Stars can be seen as thematic. The "romance" between Padme and Anakin is trash, both in its writing and in the acting by Hayden Christiansen. Natalie Portman tries, she really does, but they give her garbage to work with.

Remove ads