[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Kaodi

Hero
Saw a still on Twitter that suggests one of the ships right behind the Falcon is Hera's ship from Rebels.

Also really intrigued by the frozen throne. Is that Palpatine's throne from RotJ or is it... older? And man, what is Palpatine's plan for Reylo?

Retreater

Legend
Thank goodness. I'm tired of trailers which spoil the film.
The Last Jedi didn't set up any future conflict or any stakes. It basically wrapped up everything and closed every door that was open in the saga. I have no idea what could possibly be covered in this film, so I need a little more information. I guess I will wait until the reviews are published.

Zardnaar

Legend
Thank goodness. I'm tired of trailers which spoil the film.

Yeah I don't expect much information.

Overall this is a good trailer IMHO. C3P0s line was the main negative.

It's heavy on the special effects and nostalgia, the Falcon has its original dish on it. Keeping Luke's role and the Emperor under wraps is perfectly fine. If you want to know go see the film, that's basically the point of a trailer.

Nothing to over the top force wise ( eg Yoda being Sonic the Hedgehog). Ships might be over the top but execution will matter.

Zardnaar

Legend
The Last Jedi didn't set up any future conflict or any stakes. It basically wrapped up everything and closed every door that was open in the saga. I have no idea what could possibly be covered in this film, so I need a little more information. I guess I will wait until the reviews are published.

This they have to reveal how Palps survived and work in how it relates to the 1st order.

If done well it'll be alright. If done badly we have 3 disjointed films that will be almost stand alone films telling 3 different stories

Last edited:

Retreater

Legend
This they gave to reveal how Palps survived and work in how it relates to the 1st order.

If done well it'll be alright. If done badly we have 3 disjointed films that will be almost stand alone films telling 3 different stories
Pulling in something from a different trilogy seems like a cheat to me, as it's not something that was set up in the last two films. It would be like "What about that ghost of Darth Maul?" It just doesn't fit and sort of belittles the ending of Return of the Jedi.
In fact, it is making me mad just thinking about it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Pulling in something from a different trilogy seems like a cheat to me, as it's not something that was set up in the last two films. It would be like "What about that ghost of Darth Maul?" It just doesn't fit and sort of belittles the ending of Return of the Jedi.
In fact, it is making me mad just thinking about it.
I suggest you don’t go see it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well we already have two, so might as well go for the trifecta.

I think they're trying to avoid that.

TFA I kind of give them a pass, after the prequals playing it safe makes a lot of sense and JJ made a bit of effort in putting in plot threads.

But if they mess it up we will have the remake movie, space chase movie and Palpatines back movie which has the same characters.

The 3 main characters are essentially the same still from the TFA.

Luke went from brash kid to impulsive jedi Padawan to mature Jedi Knight.

Han, rogue, heart of gold, hero, general.

Leia kickass princess, rebel leader, rebel butt kicker.

Because the split the three up in the previous movie and Finn in particular went backwards it's a problem.

So it might end up as a good movie but almost a stand alone with little connection to the other two.

If they can just whistle up fleets as needed that's another thing even if they do a time jump.

Remove ads