[TRAILseeker #29] New Galems

New for TRAILseeker patrons! In the second article on the galem builder archetype for the summoner class (originally introduced in TRAILseeker #14), Carl Cramér brings us brass, flesh, ice, iron, stone, and wood galems for your Pathfinder game. Illustrated by Rick Hershey & Jen Tracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New for TRAILseeker patrons! In the second article on the galem builder archetype for the summoner class (originally introduced in TRAILseeker #14), Carl Cramér brings us brass, flesh, ice, iron, stone, and wood galems for your Pathfinder game. Illustrated by Rick Hershey & Jen Tracy.

galem2.jpg

turkeygiant

First Post
No, golem is spelt "golem". Galem is spelt "galem".

It's like how dog is spelt "dog" and cat is spelt "cat". :)

What was the behind the scenes reason for calling them "galems" as opposed to "golems", I assume it is to set them apart in some way? Or was there some copyright issue? I mean they are very clearly inspired by golems, they pretty much are exactly golems, they have just never been presented as the purview of a specific class before as far as I know.

Malshotfirst

Explorer
As a former orthodox jew educated in jewish mythology and kabbalah this makes my brain go ouchy. Also, expect the inevitable homophobe demographic to refer to them as Gay-Lems in short order. Bad idea.

Oryzarius

Strigiform Storyteller
Supporter
The cover picture is obviously of a guy-em rather than a gal-em.

And, as anybody who knows Yiddish could tell you, a guy-em couldn't possibly be Jewish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads