Traveller RPG (Looking for Opinions)

There's also 3rd party settings, e.g. Hostile from Zozer Games (DTRPG link). Cannot say how good it is, but I got a recommendation for it when I asked for more grounded settings.

Side note: does anyone else also have problems with the PDFs for Mongoose Traveller (2e)? Despite being not too large in size, it takes 2-3 seconds for me on an iPad Pro (2017) to fully render the next page when I flip the pages.

MGibster

Legend
I think I'll start the PCs out on Cthonia in the Orichalc subsector of Alpha Crucis shortly after the armistice that ended (temporarily at least) the Solomani Rim War. The Third Imperium still looks at the Solomani Confederation as their territory so things will be interesting. But there's plenty of opportunities as the sectors get back to business as usual following a cessation of hostilities.

MGibster

Legend
Do travellers ever insure their ships? We've got the whole age of sail vibe going with this game, and it was during this era that modern property insurance as we understand it came to be. So is this an option for PCs? I was thinking this would also be a good source for adventures. Maybe the PCs are hired by an insurance company to check and see if a ship was really lost or what happened to the cargo.

Remove ads