• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Treantmonk's Overall Reaction to UA 6

Clint_L

Hero

It's worth noting that Jeremy Crawford has been known to react to Treantmonk's videos directly, so it seems pretty clear that, aside from being well respected in the community, WotC also pays attention. The video is just 20 minutes long.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I love Treantmonk but I don't recall Crawford reacting directly to his videos? I recall him saying he wants X and then some version of X shows up shortly thereafter and him speculating maybe he influence that decision. But it was just half-joking speculation. I think Treantmonk assumes if he reacted that way, enough other people also reacted that way enough to change the direction out of ordinary survey influence.

Clint_L

Hero
I love Treantmonk but I don't recall Crawford reacting directly to his videos? I recall him saying he wants X and then some version of X shows up shortly thereafter and him speculating maybe he influence that decision. But it was just half-joking speculation. I think Treantmonk assumes if he reacted that way, enough other people also reacted that way enough to change the direction out of ordinary survey influence.
He's had (and shown) direct messages from Crawford, like the one teasing him for not getting enough new subscriptions from a recent video (which Treantmonk shared to encourage more people to hit subscribe and show Crawford up). They're obviously on at least somewhat familiar terms. This isn't surprising, given that Treantmonk has a big voice in the community pertaining exactly what Crawford's job is.

Mistwell

He's had (and shown) direct messages from Crawford, like the one teasing him for not getting enough new subscriptions from a recent video (which Treantmonk shared to encourage more people to hit subscribe and show Crawford up).
Pretty sure that was a joke. Pretty sure he was joking and I suspect he'd be embarrassed to find out people believed him. But he would happily respond if you asked I am sure.

Clint_L

Hero
It's a humorous interaction between them, but why would you think Treantmonk made it up? He specifically says "I got an email from Jeremy Crawford..." and shows the emails back and forth where Crawford is teasing him about Crawford's subscription challenge. What evidence do you have that Treantmonk invented the interaction? That would be a weird thing to do (and something that would risk irking Crawford for no good reason).

Judge for yourself (29 second mark):

This does not seem like an unusual interaction between two people who are on good professional terms, and I don't have any problem believing that Crawford would have an interest in Treantmonk's channel. Frankly, I would be disappointed if he didn't.

Mistwell

It's a humorous interaction between them, but why would you think Treantmonk made it up? He specifically says "I got an email from Jeremy Crawford..." and shows the emails back and forth where Crawford is teasing him about Crawford's subscription challenge. What evidence do you have that Treantmonk invented the interaction? That would be a weird thing to do (and something that would risk irking Crawford for no good reason).

This does not seem like an unusual interaction between two people who are on good professional terms, and I don't have any problem believing that Crawford would have an interest in Treantmonk's channel. Frankly, I would be disappointed if he didn't.
Yes it looks like a joke to me, like he has been doing on many videos lately, but I am happy to ask him if you'd like.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Yeah, I was under the impression that was a joke as well. Because Crawford wouldn't say something like "We as a company will do X if you get enough youtube subscribers"

I will admit, he had me going at the start of the bit though.

mellored

Legend
They have said they read forums and watch videos. Just not specifically who watches which one.

So I am sure someone at WotC watches Treantmonk.

But they ultimately rely on the survey results, not just a single persons opinion.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle

He regularly jokes at the beginning of is videos that ridiculous things will happen if you don't subscribe to him, it's not serious.

Edit: For example.

Remove ads