Treasure parcels

fabneme

First Post
Greetings, my fellow delvers.

I have a doubt concerning treasure parcels and magic items price, and I hope you'll help me.

Let's take, as an example, a party of 5 player characters at level 5, ok?

The treasure parcel table in the DMG says that the total monetary treasure for that level is 2.000 gp, right? Is it 2.000 gp for the whole party?

Well, the same table states that someone in the party should have a level 9 magic item and a lot of other stuff, but the price of the 9th level magic item alone is 4.200 gp, more than two times the total monetary treasure of the level!

I'm sure I'm missing something, or perhaps I got it all wrong.

Thanks in advance.

fabneme

First Post
The way I see, the total monetary treasure is the amount of gold that is (or should be) equivalent to the whole equipment that is in the table...

Andur

First Post
I have a chart somewhere which works out a basic distribution system, in a party of 5 it basically works where everyone shifts "down" one slot with each magic slot being an actual slot and then a fifth "shadow" spot being created which equals magic item = level worth of gold, the rest of the gold/potions is then split equally amongst the party. (in theory)

This creates small spikes in the wealth distribution but at level 30 all PC's are within 15,000 gp's of magic item "wealth" this out of 13 million gp pool.

dragon_eater

First Post
The Total Monetary Treasure (2000 for level 5) is the sum of parcels 5-10 so it doesn't include magic items.

For level 5 treasures
5 - 550
6 - 500
7 - 340
8 - 340
9 - 160
10 - 110

For a total of 2000 gold and four magic items from parcels 1-4.

baberg

First Post
And the magic items? Are they added on the total monetary parcel?

"Monetary" means "money", so no, magical items do not count towards the monetary parcel. The monetary parcel is strictly cash money. (Didn't you basically show that in your first post when you said they should have a level 9 item worth more than 4,200gp ?)

fabneme

First Post
(Didn't you basically show that in your first post when you said they should have a level 9 item worth more than 4,200gp ?)

Yes, but I said that because I tought that total monetary treasure included the magic items (converted in gold pieces).

Thanks for the help, guys. :)

Remove ads