• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Treasure, trinkets and gems

Any books that have good tables for non-magical treasure like gems, trinkets and other mundane things? Doesn’t have to be specific to 5E. I bought the Frog God Tome of Treasure book but wasn’t that impressed. So far the best things I have found are previous DMGs.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
The Mother of All Treasure Tables is exclusively mundane items, iirc. It's a book of random roll tables for different gp values (for 3.5e, unless it's been updated). It's not separate treasures, though, but rather parcels of treasure. (So a particular roll wouldn't result in, eg, a single object worth 100 gp, but rather a collection of coins, jewels, art objects, trinkets, etc with total value of 100 gp.)

The Mother of All Treasure Tables is exclusively mundane items, iirc. It's a book of random roll tables for different gp values (for 3.5e, unless it's been updated). It's not separate treasures, though, but rather parcels of treasure. (So a particular roll wouldn't result in, eg, a single object worth 100 gp, but rather a collection of coins, jewels, art objects, trinkets, etc with total value of 100 gp.)
Thanks. Sadly that seems to be identical to the Tome of Treasures.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Thanks. Sadly that seems to be identical to the Tome of Treasures.
Well that's awkward, sorry about that.
I know that a long time ago (ie, early 3e days) Phillip Reed did a few little publications focusing on non-magical treasure, which seem to all got wrapped up into The Book of Unusual Treasure. But it doesn't appear to be available anymore, not even as PDF.

Which looking for that, though, I stumbled across this (also from early 3e days), The Enchiridion of Treasures and Objects d'Art:
I have no idea if it's helpful for you, but it's 140+ pages... and free.
ETA: Well, thst looks more like a 3e rules splatbook or something, not much in the way of Treasure Tables, not even in the appendices. So probably not terribly helpful.
Oh well, happy hunting.

Last edited:

Well that's awkward, sorry about that.
I know that a long time ago (ie, early 3e days) Phillip Reed did a few little publications focusing on non-magical treasure, which seem to all got wrapped up into The Book of Unusual Treasure. But it doesn't appear to be available anymore, not even as PDF.

Which looking for that, though, I stumbled across this (also from early 3e days), The Enchiridion of Treasures and Objects d'Art:
I have no idea if it's helpful for you, but it's 140+ pages... and free.
ETA: Well, thst looks more like a 3e rules splatbook or something, not much in the way of Treasure Tables, not even in the appendices. So probably not terribly helpful.
Oh well, happy hunting.
That looks cool. Thank you.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Forgotten Realms Adventures (2e) has a great table for art objects that I still use to this day. Examples:

2024-05-26_192445.jpg

AD&D still has the best resources for this, IMO.

Gary Gygax knew how to write a fun treasure table.
Yes. There are dozens of magic item supplements but so far nothing seems to come close to the previous 1st and 2nd edition books when it comes to non magical treasure like gems, art, jewelry and other mundane items.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads