• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trinkets and Relics

These are some magical items I made for my homebrewed campaign. When I'm writing this, the DMG is not out yet. There may some slight changes to the items when I get the DMG.

GLITTERLUST, DAGGER +1

Rarity Unique; Slot Hand; Weight 1 lb.

Description

Glitterlust belonged to Franz von Adelmaner, an infamous jewel thief that operated in nebelese high society. During his criminal career, in which it’s said he stole over a hundred signet rings, his passion for thievery developed into a dangerous compulsion. He was finally caught and beheaded when he attempted to pickpocket the emperor’s scepter during the crowning ceremony of Wilhelm III.

Abilities

Beneficial: When wielding the dagger you can spend an action 1/day to become invisible as per the spell Invisibility. The effect lasts for 4 rounds (24 seconds) or until broken. No components are needed for this effect.
Beneficial:You have advantage on Sleight of Hand skill checks as long as you are attuned to Glitterlust.
Detrimental: As long as you are attuned to Glitterlust, you must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 15) when noticing expensive jewelry or similar valuables. If the saving throw fails, you must immediately attempt to steal or pickpocket the jewelry using non-violent methods. If the saving throw is successful, you are immune to this effect for the next 24 hours.

Attunement

In order to attune to Glitterlust, you must steal a piece of jewelry worth at least 100 gp and spend 10 minutes attuning while clutching or wearing the stolen valuable.

RING OF FIRE AND ICE

Rarity Unique; Slot Finger; Weight -

Description

The great elementalist Al-Asma was tasked by sultan Murat III to create a magical ring for the celebration of the sultanate’s one-thousandth anniversary. Murat III wanted the ring to somehow express the extremes of his empire’s geography, from the burning sands of Hibra to the glacial fortresses of Nornglast. In order to accomplish this, Al-Asma trapped the essence of a fire elemental and an ice elemental within the ring. This explains its appearence: Half of the ring is molten red while the other is glacial blue. The ritual was flawed, however. The wrong elemental essence might manifest at the wrong time, making the wearer potentially extra vulnerable to that element. When the sultan learned of this flaw, he had Al-Asma encased in magical ice and then thrown into the volcano of Aramot.

Abilities

Beneficial and detrimental: Whenever you wear this ring and take cold or fire damage, roll 1d10. On a roll of 3 or higher, you have resistance to that type of damage. On a roll of 1 or 2, you have vulnerability to that type of damage.

Attunement

In order to attune to The Ring of Fire and Ice, you must spend 10 minutes attuning in temperatures of -30 degrees celcius or colder, or in temperatures of 30 degrees or warmer.

Remove ads