• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Troglodyte Heavymetal or punk band?

QuaziquestGM

First Post
A few years ago I found stats (3.5 I believe) for a group of Troglodyte or maybe lizardman musicians. I ran them as an encounter for my University group and now I'd like to run them again.

I'm not sure if it was a joke publication made my a gaming company or if it was something fan brewed from this forum. I tried using the search, but didn't find them. Could someone point me the right direction.

Alternately, would anyone like to stat them up for me?

I was thinking along the lines of:

The Rabid Gnomes (i'm not sure if that is the name in the original writeup or just what I renamed them)

Lead Singer: Bard/Fighter with spiked chains (Alice "in Chains" Cooper) Bites the heads off of live forest gnomes during performances.

Lead Guitar: Bard/barbarian with bladed armor and a guitar axe.

Bass Guitar: Bard, double necked bass. maybe add 4 armed so he can shoot arrows and still play.

Drummer: Like Animal on the Muppets. Flurry of blows with drumsticks.

Maybe a rythem guitar and a Sax player?

Any takers? We are running pathfinder, but if anyone has anything for any edition already made, I would appreciate it.

Starfox

Hero
No help with the stats, but helping the thread float and reminiscence at the same time.

In a re-run of D1 Descent into the Depths of the Earth we ran here, the big central hall was really a 3D pit with shelves along the sides. The place was dominated by the rival fans of two gargoyle bands; the Stonefunkers and the Rock Boys.

Cleon

Legend
A few years ago I found stats (3.5 I believe) for a group of Troglodyte or maybe lizardman musicians. I ran them as an encounter for my University group and now I'd like to run them again.

Nothing springs to mind about a reptilefolk band.

The closest I could think of was a Polyhedron Mini-Game for playing a d20 rock band in Dungeon #158 called Hijinx, but that only included stats for humans, robots and a swamp ghost (which is likely to be a guy in a costume who would have got away with it if it wasn't for you dang kids...).

Yora

Legend
#149 wss the final 3rd ed. one. #150 was the first by WotC for the transition period. Easy number to remember.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
I'm thinking of putting Spinal Tap on the Random Underground encounter table.

"Hello Cleveland!!! R U Ready to ROCK!?!"
"Where's the stage? Seems like we've been looking forever."
"I'm tellen ya, we ain't in Cleveland any more, we've wondered into some sort of x deminsonal hell space"
1/2 beat.
"HELLo PITTSburg!!! Rock N ROLL!!!"

As for the Rabid Gnomes, I'm thinking Sasquatch roadies, Illithid manager, imp soundboard guy... mosh pit near stage...

Anything else?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads