D&D 5E Troglodyte Tuesday!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Rather than continue to add to my other thread that has mix of posted stat blocks I've come up with for monsters in my two ongoing 5E games, I've decided to start a new one for my #TroglodyteTuesday stuff I have been sharing on Instagram (Timeline Zines (@how_i_run_it) • Instagram photos and videos) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/HOW_I_RUN_IT).

So first I am going to start with an explanation of own idiosyncratic approach to making stat blocks and then will follow with last week's Troglodyte Juggernaut and then this week's Troglodyte Scout.

HIRI-stat-blk-ex-full.jpg

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
It's TROGLODYTE TUESDAY AGAIN!

Today we have the trog type that started it all. When I was googling around for different varieties of troglodyte for use in my remix of Against the Cult of the Reptile God, I found these leader types on a D&D wiki that claimed they came from ENPublishing, but I could not find a source site or product. Anyway, I like the name and tweaked them to fit more with my style of play.

trog-meatseeker-txt-full.jpg

trog-meatseeker-stblk-full.jpg

dave2008

Legend
Rather than continue to add to my other thread that has mix of posted stat blocks I've come up with for monsters in my two ongoing 5E games, I've decided to start a new one for my #TroglodyteTuesday stuff I have been sharing on Instagram (Timeline Zines (@how_i_run_it) • Instagram photos and videos) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/HOW_I_RUN_IT).

So first I am going to start with an explanation of own idiosyncratic approach to making stat blocks and then will follow with last week's Troglodyte Juggernaut and then this week's Troglodyte Scout.

View attachment 264757View attachment 264758
Lot's of good ideas. Just an FYI: your bonus actions and reactions having there on section is the current WotC standard too. Also, you didn't note it, but would the reach (if beyond 5') be listed right after "Melee" like the range is listed after "Ranged?"

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Lot's of good ideas. Just an FYI: your bonus actions and reactions having there on section is the current WotC standard too.

Great minds think alike then. ;)

Also, you didn't note it, but would the reach (if beyond 5') be listed right after "Melee" like the range is listed after "Ranged?"

You know, so few things have reach it has not come up! But I will consider it when/if it does.

Remove ads