Pathfinder 2E True Target (Spell)

CapnZapp

Legend
My point is that not liking a spell is fine. Just don't attack the language as being unclear just because it doesn't do what you want it to do.

That is: if you think the spell is underpowered, say it is underpowered, not that it is unclear.

By the written text, it only applies to a single attack, and yes, that can be an enemy "stealing" it.

But not only is that cheesy as hell, it makes no sense.

In fact, the spell is crystal clear. There is no way to interpret it as giving more than a single attack, making it True Strike for allies.

If the devs have gone on record saying the spell will receive errata that's one thing. It still does not make the current wording unclear.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Okay, the more you talk, the more you piss ke off. Pay attention to what's going on and please, shut up if you don't have anything constructive to say.

It's already been determined that I was correct in my analysis and the wording is a typo.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Their response to my post on the question.
Screenshot_20190821-081414_Chrome.jpeg

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
As written the confusion comes from the written summary in the spell list and the text of the spell. The rules language also conflicts with the first sentence which describes what is going on in the fiction when you cast the spell.

Summary said:
True Target: Make multiple attacks against a creature especially accurate.

Spell Text said:
You delve into the possible futures of the next few seconds to understand all the ways your target might avoid harm, then cast out a vision of that future to those around you. On the first attack roll made against the target during true target's duration, the attacker rolls twice and uses the better result. The attacker also ignores circumstance penalties to the attack roll and any flat check required due to the target being concealed or hidden.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Thanks, I missed the description part.

Anyways, I do think the spell needs a bit of rewording to become more clear. How about...

"Each creature who attacks the target gains the following benefits on their first attack against the target.

Last edited:

Remove ads