• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True20 Companion: Who's got it?

jezter6

Explorer
I get the point Roudi, but I think what was meant by his comment was:

If you only make $15 end profit on that thing (after everyone is paid but the publisher), and that $16.66 puts you in the red...the thing was obviously not profitable enough to support itself (sure, you can call $15 a profit..but in the end, $15 doesn't buy a tank of gas, so it's almost equal in value to making $1 from it).

I suddenly see why 'flood of cheapo' pdf's may be the way to make cash. If you can only make $20 on each PDF, put out 100 of them and you make $2000.

Still, I don't see that as truly profitable, considering the work it takes to put out that many PDFs for a measly 2k.

razorwise

First Post
Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hello All!

I'd like to thank everyone for their nice comments about the Companion. :)

ConanMK said:
I think the same can be said for all four genre chapters. "Fantasy" is certainly a mammoth genre unto itself. "Space Adventure" may be more narrow in focus, but it required a massive ammount of mechanics that weren't in the core.

I can't speak for Sean and Erica and their work on the Horror chapter, but I know almost a quarter of the original material I wrote for my two chapters got cut for space reasons.

No problems here, Matt. We wrote to spec. ;)

Jackson said:
The companion rocks. I especially liked the Horror section by Sean Preston. Good job buddy.

Ed Wetterman

Thanks, Ed, but I can't take all the credit. Erica and I were an eldritch team of nightmare! :] I greatly enjoyed working on this with her!

jaerdaph said:
Yesterday 05:47 PM

I think this bears repeating. For example, the horror chapter includes new backgrounds based on the d20 Modern starting occupations that can certainly be used in a non-horror campaign.

Thanks for noticing that. We did indeed use those occupations as a base. The modular approach we took means you can certainly import them into any modern campaign without a hitch!

As a shameless sidenote, I'm glad to have both Matt, Ed, and Erica as part of the Nightmare Brigade working on various facets of Agents of Oblivion: The Big Book for True20 .

Regards,

Sean

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
razorwise said:
As a shameless sidenote, I'm glad to have both Matt, Ed, and Erica as part of the Nightmare Brigade working on various facets of Agents of Oblivion: The Big Book for True20.

I am so looking forward to this! The 12 to Midnight connection and True20Chick make it that much more of a must have for me. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads