Truth & Justice: The Greatest City in America

dikaiosunh

First Post
The villainous duo of The Boozinator and Vanilla O.G. have been trying to thwart a developer's plan to turn West Baltimore's liquor stores into clean, upstanding chain restaurants. But when our local heroes try to stop them, will they discover an even more sinister plot?

[Truth & Justice uses the Prose Descriptive Quality system to get quick and reasonably intuitive superhero action! Characters will be provided; just bring a thirst for justice and a tolerance for broad and potentially heavy-handed social satire.]

Hero 1: QuinnHarlech
Hero 2: Bretbo
Hero 3: Supplanter
Hero 4: OPEN
Hero 5: OPEN

Alternate/Sidekick 1: Madwabbit
Alternate/Sidekick 2: OPEN

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Please put me in Alt-1 -- I'm in an afternoon game that I really want to play, but just in case I give up my spot there (because LOTS of peeps are gonna want in), I'd LOVE to be in this game.

Supplanter

First Post
After action report: Fun! Thanks to our illustrious GM for putting everything together and to my fellow players for being funny, inventive and kind. You all helped me have a ton of fun today.

Best,

Jim

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
Yep, definitely great fun! A surprisingly nuanced take on things given the spoofy nature of the game, but that's the hallmark of good satire. It's good to finally get to play T&J after having the PDF sitting unloved for over two years.

Supplanter

First Post
QuinnHarlech said:
Yep, definitely great fun! A surprisingly nuanced take on things given the spoofy nature of the game, but that's the hallmark of good satire. It's good to finally get to play T&J after having the PDF sitting unloved for over two years.

Matt, is that you? And were you at Terpcon a couple years ago, in the "Candyland" D&D scenario? Because I was convinced we'd met before and I think that was the place.

Best,

Jim

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
Supplanter said:
Matt, is that you? And were you at Terpcon a couple years ago, in the "Candyland" D&D scenario? Because I was convinced we'd met before and I think that was the place.

Yep, it's me. Hmmm. I did go to one Terpcon: Fall 2005. I played in the Call of Cthulhu game set in Africa and I don't remember what else. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything Candyland as that sounds quite memorable. Either that or my memory is going way too soon; shame it's not under warranty. In any event, we definitely could met there, as you did, indeed, seem familiar.

Supplanter

First Post
QuinnHarlech said:
Yep, it's me. Hmmm. I did go to one Terpcon: Fall 2005. I played in the Call of Cthulhu game set in Africa and I don't remember what else. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything Candyland as that sounds quite memorable. Either that or my memory is going way too soon; shame it's not under warranty. In any event, we definitely could met there, as you did, indeed, seem familiar.

It was a D&D 3.x game run by a UMD student named (I think) Amanda, in the afternoon session. We were hired to rescue a princess who had been taken hostage by a wizard because her father had stiffed him on constructing his castle. After we passed through some portal or other we found ourselves fighting gumdrop men etc. I played a Dwarf Fighter who tried to smash his way into the tower by swinging into the window and using an ax Cleave. That didn't work so well. Your character rather more sensibly opened the door.

It sticks in my mind because: 1) It was the only Terpcon I've attended; 2) It was the only time I've played D&D since the early 1980s; 3) I had fun.

Ring any bells now?

Best,

Jim

Remove ads