• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tryin' to find a feat

sledged

First Post
I saw (or thought I did) a feat that allowed a character to switch a character's dexterity bonus from AC to weapon damage, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it, or the name of the feat. Alternatively, it might have been a class feature. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Darklone

Switch? Hmm. Now that you say it... perhaps in Swashbuckler d20 or Conan.

Otherwise there are these broken Imp Weapon Finesse feats out there.

Kemrain

First Post
I've never heard of such a feat, but I think the idea is a great one! I've been looking for some sort of limiting mechanic on the "Trde in AC for Damage" equation, and Dex mod might just be it. A little low for some, but there's little reason to take the feat if you can't really benefit from it. I could see it working like Power Attack or Combat Expertise (and perhapse, like Combat Reflexes, Dex mod + 1 would make more sense...) When combined with Combat Expertise you have a weak man's Power Attack, limited to 5 points. Really great idea, I like it muchly. Consiter your concept stolen.

Now, if I can only pass it past my GM...

What would the Prereq's be?

- Kemrain the AC Twink.

RigaMortus

Explorer
The Swashbuckler Adventures (d20) book has a feat called, "Improved Weapon Finesse" which lets you do Dex damage with a weapon instead of Str damage. The only requirement is Weapon Finesse...

Sejs

First Post
The Shock Trooper tactical feat lets you trade in AC for damage, but only on a charge, to a maximum of your BA.

Heedless Charge sub ability, CW p.112. The feat requires Power Attack, Impr. Bull Rush and BA +6.

Darklone

Uhmpf. Could someone check Dawnforge? It's one of the last books I read, perhaps it was in there? Since it rings a bell deep in that grey goo up there...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
sledged said:
I saw (or thought I did) a feat that allowed a character to switch a character's dexterity bonus from AC to weapon damage, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it, or the name of the feat. Alternatively, it might have been a class feature. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Not a feat, but in one of the books (A&E?) is an +2 weapon enhancement called Fierce that does exactly what you mention.

And since we're on the topic, in Complete Warrior the War Chanter gets an ability at 3rd level to do AC to BAB for himself or and ally, which when combined with power attack can do the same thing (but isn't limited by Dex).

=Blue

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads