• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Trying to grok LevelUp! Old/New SRD, hardcopy; what do I need to run games?

Curious about Level Up!, but clicking through SRD page links is a little.. It's not the ideal interface for me. I see there's an existing SRD, a replacement/overhaul in the works, AND books available, if I'm interpreting things correctly. The A5eSRD page is where I'm pulling this info from, but it talks about work slated for 2023, which has come and gone. I can't seem to find the current/new SRD.

The store has 40 documents; using the filtering function, I see Adventurer's Guide and the Trials and Treasures book as core books, but no game runner guide book; is there not one? Are the books subject to more changes, as with the SRD, or are they..."safe" to purchase now?

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
PHB = Adventurer's Guide
DMG = Trials & Treasures
MM = Monstrous Menagerie
Frosting on the cake = Dungeon Delver's Guide

All are available at Home | Level Up
The Monstrous Menagerie isn't a "book" there though, it's all built into the searchable compendium
1716516942385.png

There's also a fan compendium site that has a lot of the permitted third party products on it as well, but it's only a week or two old so it's still incomplete. However its compendium searchability is much better than the official one: Compendium

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Curious about Level Up!, but clicking through SRD page links is a little.. It's not the ideal interface for me. I see there's an existing SRD, a replacement/overhaul in the works, AND books available, if I'm interpreting things correctly. The A5eSRD page is where I'm pulling this info from, but it talks about work slated for 2023, which has come and gone. I can't seem to find the current/new SRD.

The store has 40 documents; using the filtering function, I see Adventurer's Guide and the Trials and Treasures book as core books, but no game runner guide book; is there not one? Are the books subject to more changes, as with the SRD, or are they..."safe" to purchase now?
The SRD is a developer tool. It’s not rally designed to be played from.

If you want a player facing tool, A5e.tools is the place to go. That’s a platform designed specifically for players and GMs to use.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Follow-up; how the heck do I create an account for the store? I see a "login" button, but no "create account".

Trying to create account for purchasing material.
You don't need to create an account. Just go ahead and buy what you need. It'll save your info at checkout (if you ask it to).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads