• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TTT: Anyone else notice...?

Welverin

First Post
Yeah, but where was he keeping it? Gandalf never carries any extra gear in the movies and he certainly wouldn't just have a cloak packed up.

What I've thought might be a possible explanation is that the other three had an extra cloak, but again why would they? It certainly isn't Boromir's (it was still on him when he was sent down the river).

Welverin said:
Yeah, but where was he keeping it?

He keeps it in his bag of holding.

Or, maybe Sam had it in his Heward's Handy Haversack. :p

Heck, he was naked except for Glamdring when he left the mountaintop. Lothlorien's the only answer. Explain the new staff!

KenM

Banned
Banned
one explination is the elves had one for Gandalf, but since he fell with the balrog, the elves gave it to Aragorn to hold onto, but they don't tell you this in the movie.

Someone

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:

He keeps it in his bag of holding.

Or, maybe Sam had it in his Heward's Handy Haversack. :p

the same Haversack he kept the pot into. I never saw him carrying it, and when he needs one, voila! he has where to cook the rabbits.

Negative Zero

First Post
Someone said:
the same Haversack he kept the pot into. I never saw him carrying it, and when he needs one, voila! he has where to cook the rabbits.

then you need to look again. coz i remember thinking "that's cool. in DnD, no one EVER brings a pot but we always cook!" lol. they were on his pack in both movies.

~NegZ

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You'll remember that Lothlorien is within a day's march of Moria. You can be sure that Gandalf dropped by for tea with Galadriel before heading towards Fangorn. She probably gave him his cloak then.

Things I noticed that I hadn't before [SPOILERS for Return of the King!]:

- the old whip scars on Gollum's back

- When Gandalf, Aragorn, Logolas and Gimli ride away from Fangorn towards Eodras, they pass a number of villages that are still burning.

- We actually see Osgiliath in FotR, when Gandalf heads towards Gondor to research the ring. Of course, it isn't under attack at the time!

- When half-drowned Aragorn is awakened by Brego, his sword is firmly sheathed. I don't think this is a continuity error, but I do wonder how he avoided dropping it earlier.

- I understand that a missing scene shows Mordor orcs meeting up with the Uruk-Hai. The "meat is back on the menu, boys!" scene makes a bit more sense, now!

- I really want to know where the heck Eowyn is during the battle of Helm's Deep. She isn't shown in the caves with the women and children, and she isn't shown in the battle. I'm wondering if she WAS in the battle, but disguised as a man. In any event, she's nowhere in sight.

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
In the orginal teaser trailer for TTT that they stuck onto FoTR after it had been out awhile, had Arwen dressed like when she was leaving for the grey havens, going up to where the shards of narsial(SP?) are. That was not in theactical TTT.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Negative Zero said:

then you need to look again. coz i remember thinking "that's cool. in DnD, no one EVER brings a pot but we always cook!" lol. they were on his pack in both movies.

~NegZ

(Channelling Tommy Chong)

Hey, dude - you act surprised. Pot's ALWAYS around whenever there's munchies about!

:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads