• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TTT: Anyone else notice...?

RolandOfGilead

First Post
During the battle for the delve,
anyone else notice that the little hobbit girl that bilbo terrified with his troll story was right there, sitting on her human mothers lap? Errr.. well they had changed her hair to blonde, but there can be no doubt... hehehe. Too cute!

KenM

Banned
Banned
Well in the extended DVD, on the director commantary, Jackson says the close up of the 2 hobbit kids when Bilbo tells the troll story are his own kids. So it does not surpise me if she was used again. I'll have to look next time I see TTT.

Negative Zero

First Post
i did see the kid that you mean, but i'm not convinced that it was her. afterall, like KenM said, the hobbit kids were his, so i doubt he'd use one and not the other in tTT. especially when they were so particular about everything else. not to mention, can you imagine how much chaos there'd be in the PJ household if one kid got more face time in daddy's movie than the other??? :D

~NegZ

DanMcS

Explorer
All (both?) his kids were hobbits, and the same group of kids were in Helm's Deep. They got credit at the end. Jackson stuck them all in both movies. They'll probably be in RotK as Gondorians or baby orcs in Mordor or something.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Did anyone notice...

When Gandalf is allowed to keep his staff when first visiting Theoden, the camera shots from the back of Gandalf show him walking with his staff upright, in a vertical position, and the staff would have been clearly visible from any angle. From the cut in shots where the camera angle is facing Gandalf, he has the staff held at his side, horizontally, and only the head of the staff is visible until he reveals it (as most of it is also draped by his grey cloak). They make several quick cuts during the beginning of this scene or I may not have caught it.

Welverin

First Post
Mark said:
Did anyone notice...

When Gandalf is allowed to keep his staff when first visiting Theoden, the camera shots from the back of Gandalf show him walking with his staff upright, in a vertical position, and the staff would have been clearly visible from any angle. From the cut in shots where the camera angle is facing Gandalf, he has the staff held at his side, horizontally, and only the head of the staff is visible until he reveals it (as most of it is also draped by his grey cloak). They make several quick cuts during the beginning of this scene or I may not have caught it.

I think you're right, but I'm not quite sure. Foggy memory and all.

Whenever I watch FotR when I see Boromir's death scene at the end I keep saying "there, not there" whenever the camera switches from the ground position to over Aragorns shoulder. In the shots looking up Boromir's hand isn't on Aragorns shoulder, but from the other it is there.

I also find it funny seeing Legolas stumble in one of the wide angle shots when he Aragorn and Gimli are chasing after the hobbits.

Last edited:

sotmh

First Post
I also find it funny seeing Legolas stumble in one of the wide angle shots when he Aragorn and Gimli are chasing after the hobbits.

I noticed that too.

Also, in FOTR at the end a dead orc lifts his head up as Aragorn leaps over his "corpse".

sotmh

KenM

Banned
Banned
Just saw it again today, and it was the same hobbit girl, and the hobbit boy was right next to the mother, too, then they both had close ups, but these are PJ's kids, would not be surpised if they had "cameos" in RoTK.

Remove ads