• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TTT in London THX

Zander

Explorer
I'm going to see it at the Odeon on High Street Kensington. It's a nice cinema with comfy seats (important for a 3 hour film) and a well-behaved crowd, but certainly not cheap.

The most expensive cinemas are in and around Leicester Square. They have the largest screens, but I don't think it's worth the price.

If you want to go a bit downmarket, try the suburbs. Prices are lower but the cinemas tend not to be as plush. Having said that, odeons are pretty good on the whole wherever they are.

I think that all the larger Odeons have advanced sound systems. I don't know if they use THX.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Valavien

First Post
Thanks for the reply Zander. The reason I ask is that I am on holidays for two months and I arrive in London on the 23rd from Berlin. I am in italy at the moment.

I went to the THX website and these are the cinemas in london. Anyone know anything about these??

Curzon Soho
93-107 Shaftesbury Avenue
London, United Kingdom W1V 7AE
THX Screen(s): 1-3

Stratford Picture House
Salway Road Stratford
London, United Kingdom E15 1BN
THX Screen(s): 4

UGC West India Quay
11 Hertsmere Road
W. India Quay
London, United Kingdom E14 4AL
THX Screen(s): 10

Warner Bros West End
3 Cranbourne St
London, United Kingdom WC2H 7NA
THX Screen(s): 5 and 7

Zander

Explorer
Valavien said:

Curzon Soho
93-107 Shaftesbury Avenue
London, United Kingdom W1V 7AE
THX Screen(s): 1-3

Stratford Picture House
Salway Road Stratford
London, United Kingdom E15 1BN
THX Screen(s): 4

UGC West India Quay
11 Hertsmere Road
W. India Quay
London, United Kingdom E14 4AL
THX Screen(s): 10

Warner Bros West End
3 Cranbourne St
London, United Kingdom WC2H 7NA
THX Screen(s): 5 and 7

I haven't been to any of them. But the Curzon Soho and the Warner Brothers West End or more central. The other two are out of the way unless you happen to be in the East End.

Even though I haven't been inside, I know where the Curzon Soho and Warner Brothers are. FYI they're both very close to Orcs Nest RPG store and not far from Forbidden Planet and Playin' Games. The Curzon is just across Cambridge Circus from Orcs Nest, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Remove ads