• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tumble from Prone...and old question, yet rarely discussed?

Vegepygmy

First Post
It tells you at the bottom 'Tumbling While Crawling: Though the rules don't say so, there's no reason you can't can tumble 5 feet as a move action when prone. The check DC is 20.'
That's what I love about quasi-official rules: "There's no reason (except for the reason articulated in the FAQ) you can't tumble 5 feet as a move action when prone." :lol:

Water Bob

Adventurer
That's what I love about quasi-official rules: "There's no reason (except for the reason articulated in the FAQ) you can't tumble 5 feet as a move action when prone." :lol:

I haven't been following this discussion too closely, but a roll to the right or left be considered a tumble?

Wellby

First Post
I'm definitely starting to see the hilarious lack of 'Perry sez' in D&D.

In Squad Leader, there is a rules god, a certain 'Perry'. If he posts something, it enters the canon, and becomes infallible.

From the two conflicting 'official' statements on this tumble while prone business, it seems D&D is not quite organized the same way...

Celebrim

Legend
Rather than worry too much about what the rules say, particularly since it seems to be vague and perhaps out right contridictory, wouldn't it be just better to focus on the rules as you desire them?

I mean, when Skip writes an article it is often little more than 'Skip's House Rules'. They may be very well reasoned based on the text and Skip may be well positioned to provide originalist guidance on the meaning of the text, but as DM's we have full legislative authority to just write our own rules when we need to. If the rules strike you as silly - no matter how authoritative they may be - change them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads