D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

As I plan for using the cliffside fortress you just finished, I wanted to ask if you have a large "evil temple", "cult HQ" or something similar? My campaign should preferably have the party cleanse a fiend-worshipping conspiracy/cult base as the climax of the current story arc. It's a bit daunting going through all your maps.

Edit: June 15 - 29 2018 looks promising :)

Turgenev

Hero
As I plan for using the cliffside fortress you just finished, I wanted to ask if you have a large "evil temple", "cult HQ" or something similar? My campaign should preferably have the party cleanse a fiend-worshipping conspiracy/cult base as the climax of the current story arc. It's a bit daunting going through all your maps.

Edit: June 15 - 29 2018 looks promising :)
I do have this for an evil fortress..
2018-The-Keep [BUNDLE] - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Sad to say that there will not be a Friday Freebie map this week. I've been a bit under the weather this past week (nothing serious). I'll be back to regular mapping next week.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the May 1st, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 2 a), and 3 a) have various trees, vegetation, and elevation lines. I was thinking of an increase of a foot (30 cm) per each elevation line (naturally the DM may wish to adjust this). That would make areas 3 b)/4 four-feet higher than area 2 a).
  • The grey winding path represents an underground stream (see areas 2 b), 3 b), and 17 c)). Rapids/small falls occur along the stream as the water flows down hill.
  • Areas 5, 6 a), 9, 10 a), 11, 14 a), 17 a), 21 a), 21 c) - e), and 24 has braziers.
  • The thin rectangle in area 5 represents an alarm gong. Due to the tunnels connection to area 8, the gong can be heard deep in the lair (in areas 9 to 12).
  • Area 5 b) is an open pit.
  • Area 6 c) is a natural chimney to the top of the hill.
  • Areas 7, 18 b), 18 c), and 24 have statues.
  • The arrows represent downward slopes. Area 17 b) is a tunnel that bulges over the underground stream. Area 21 b) has a steep shaft that connects to the lower area of 17 d). The tunnel south of area 21 e) gradually goes deeper into the hill.
  • Area 21 a) to e) have arrow slits/spy-holes in the wall that overlooks the cave entrance.
  • Area 23 represents the strange maze-like structure. The maze (and the dungeon connected to it) predates the bandit lair. The bandits have discovered the maze recently.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 05-01-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The May 1st, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads