D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Satyrn

First Post
Sweet. Now I know what's in room 18. I just gotta figure out why a statutte of Poseidon is in the basement of a temple of Ares.

Sadras

Legend
Sweet. Now I know what's in room 18. I just gotta figure out why a statutte of Poseidon is in the basement of a temple of Ares.

Perhaps
The temple of Ares was built on top of a submerged temple of Poseidon for one reason or another.
Followers of Ares who took over did not risk offending the God, Poseidon by tearing down or removing his statue.

OR

The original name of the temple has been lost to the ages and is now known as the Temple of Ares.

Satyrn

First Post
Perhaps
The temple of Ares was built on top of a submerged temple of Poseidon for one reason or another.
Followers of Ares who took over did not risk offending the God, Poseidon by tearing down or removing his statue.

OR

The original name of the temple has been lost to the ages and is now known as the Temple of Ares.

Sweet. Now I know why. Your first idea.

I can't use your second idea, because there's an NPC who definitely knows it was a real Temple of Ares. Ares himself.

And fascinatingly, using your first idea means that the Dwarves who lived in the abandoned city of Moria worshipped the Greek gods in secret cults. Oh, I'm gonna change your idea slightly. This flooded level was dedicated to Poseidon, the main floor dedicated to Ares . . . and the level above belongs to . . . Zeus, maybe. Or Apollo.

. . . And now the wheels are spinning, And I'm pondering turning this temple into a, uh, mini-megadungeon, with each level being dedicated to a different Greek God, and themed appropriately. Like, below the watery level of Poseidon there'd be the workshop level of Hephaestus and below that the underworld level of Hades. Rising upwards from the main floor, Apollo and Zeus would each get their own level.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the January 25, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* The 'C' in the ovals represent concealed doors.
* Area 4 has a statue.
* Area 6 has a chasm with a bridge. A middle plank on the bridge is broken.
* Area 7a) has pillars.
* Area 7b) has a weak cave floor that runs a risk of dumping those that walk on it into the water below.
* Area 7c) is a series of stone steps that lead down to the water of 7d).
* The bottom half of area 7 is at a higher elevation than the water section (7d).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/265011/Friday-Enhanced-Map-01252019

The January 25, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and concealed doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 1, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* The corridor running from area 1 and the corridors from area 29 c), d), and e) have collapsed and are filled with rubble/loose stones.
* Areas 2, 18, 19, 31, 32, and 24 have pillars.
* Areas 11, 21, and 33 have statues.
* Area 11 has an open pit.
* Area 19 has a tapestry.
* Areas 21, 24, and 25 have covered pit traps.
* Between areas 30, 31, 32, and 33 are steps leading down.
* Area 33 also has an open pit/well.
* Area 34 has a pool/fountain (magical pool?).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/265467/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02012019

The February 1, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 8, 2019 Friday Freebie map. The upper levels of this building will be next week's Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* The double white bars on the walls are windows.
* Areas 15, 23 a), 31, and 48 have pillars.
* Areas 21 a), 41 a), and 47 b) have statues.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/266131/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02082019

The February 1, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of grey or black walls, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Cthulad

Explorer
I am loving this map for the building. I can't wait for the rest of it. Are you planning on doing the basement level(s) also, or just the upper floors? Either or, Wonderful maps!

Turgenev

Hero
Next week's map will be the next upper level and (probably) rooftop levels. As for the basement levels, I was thinking that many of my dungeon maps could easily fit for the basement but that doesn't mean I won't tackle the dungeon levels maps on their own. Once all the levels are complete, I will bundle the relevant Enhanced maps together as a bundle on DTRPG.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 15, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* This map is the upper levels of the Feb 8, 2019 Friday Freebie map.
* The double white bars on the walls are windows.
* The white squares on the roof top represent parapets.
* Areas 1, 2, 3 a), and 15 have pillars.
* The squiggly lines in area 3 are tapestries.
* Area 3 b) is a raised platform with statues and two thrones/chairs.
* Area 7 has a ladder that leads to level 4/roof top.
* Area 32 c) has an opening in the floor where the ladder is that leads down to area 7.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/266673/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02152019

The February 15, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of grey or black walls, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
I could use this building as a Haunted Barracks, and fill it with skeletons and zombies. Like hundreds of skeletons and zombies. And include some treasure in one or two rooms per floor.

And I'm real tempted to plot out a series of "patrol paths" like those that video game guards follow in stealth games.

Remove ads