D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the April 22nd, 2022 Friday Freebie map. I'm experimenting with a different background colour in this one. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • Areas 1 b) to 1 f), 7 b), 16 b), 29 b), 30 b), 35 b), and 35 c) have open pits/wells. These open pits could easily be access points to other dungeon levels.
  • Areas 2, 20 b), and 31 b) have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 2, 6, 15, 20 b), and 22 have statues.
  • Area 5 has a tapestry.
  • Areas 7 a), 8 a), 16 a), 17 a), 20, 31 b), and 32 have columns/pillars.
  • Areas 7 a), 16 a), 17 a), and 35 a) have braziers.
  • Areas 13, 26, and 27 have false doors.
  • Areas 17 b) and 37 b) have pools/fountains.
  • Area 20 b) has a throne.
  • Area 31 b) has a portal to another location/realm/astral plane, etc.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-22-2022 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 22nd, 2022 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 maps + 1 bonus image) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #14 map. It concludes the blue keep maps. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 12 a) and 17 have statues.
  • The grey of areas 13 b), 13 c), 19 a), and 19 b) represents water. Area 19 b) is a submerged tunnel.
  • Area 14 and 19 a) have cliff faces that rise above the water.
  • Area 15 is a bunch of loose rocks, pebbles, and rubble that make a lot of noise when walked on. A burst of wind can send these bits & pieces flying (potentially interfering with vision and/or spell-casting).

This week and last week's map fit together like so (click to enlarge).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #14 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #14 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I envision the bottom part of the map as being the perfect lair for a dragon (adult or older). As I was drawing the winding paths, starting on the right side of the map, I've kept thinking of them as a possible ghoul/ghast warren. Taking a cue from folklore, perhaps the running water acts as added protection against any undead crossing it.

I've made a bundle of all the Old School Blue Keep related maps. You get four maps for the price of three. Here's the link: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/394739/OldBlueKeep-BUNDLE

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the April 29th, 2022 Friday Freebie map. I'm still playing around with a different background colour in this one. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 9 b), 9 d), 24, 29 d), 32 a), and 32 b) have statues.
  • Areas 3, 9 a), 29 b), and 31 b) have covered pit traps.
  • Area 4 has a tapestry.
  • Areas 7 a), 11 a), 15, 29 a), 29 c), 30 b), 31 b), and 33 have pillars/columns.
  • Areas 7 b), 7 c), 9 c), and 17 have open pits/wells.
  • Areas 24, 29 a), 29 d), and 32 have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 25 and 29 c) have false doors.
  • Areas 30 c) and 31 c) have pools/fountains.
  • Area 32 b) has an altar.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-29-2022 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 29th, 2022 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 maps + 1 bonus image) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-29-2022 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 29th, 2022 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 maps + 1 bonus image) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).
I appreciate that the enhanced map packs include Secret Doors on vs. off. Needing them to be hidden is the key element for me to use them easily on a VTT without having to do edits that I'm not really skilled at. :LOL:

The other options (removing numbering and grids, for example) are nice, but that one's KEY.

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #15 map. I'm trying out a new effect on the water. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1 a), 6, 9, 13, and 32 a) have pillars/columns.
  • Areas 1 d), 15 b), and 33 have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 2, 7, and 8 have fireplaces.
  • Area 13 has a tapestry.
  • Areas 15 c) and 16 have open pits. The secret door in area 34 is at the bottom of the open pit at area 16.
  • Areas 22, 32 b), and 32 c) have statues.
  • The grey sections of areas 25 a), 25 b), and 25 d) represent water.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #15 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #15 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (8) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
That's one vote for the water effect and one against. ;) My preferred version is my standard water effect with the many dots/spatter along the edge but for some reason, I couldn't get that effect to work properly in Photoshop (this time) so I went with a different effect.

Cheers,
Tim

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
That's one vote for the water effect and one against. ;) My preferred version is my standard water effect with the many dots/spatter along the edge but for some reason, I couldn't get that effect to work properly in Photoshop (this time) so I went with a different effect.

Cheers,
Tim
I think I agree with you - I prefer your old water. But I also like the new water. Either one is nice...

Turgenev

Hero
There won't be a Friday Freebie map this week (and possibly a Monday Blues map as well). I'm sick with Covid. So far it has been relatively mild (considering it could have gone in the other direction since I'm in a vulnerable category), but it has knocked me for a loop.

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads