D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Tim,
I love your maps and thank you for offering these up for free. Thank you!

However, as an architect I do find the column space in the large circular space a bit suspect. I don't understand the purpose of the diagonal columns as they sure don't appear to be structural! ;)
There there for aesthetic reasons. Mainly I wanted to break up some of the white space of the large circular room.That I love me some columns (that's my Classical archaeology studies bleeding through). ;)

Cheers,
Tim

I don't know enough about architecture to have any idea why the diagonal columns would be superfluous. Is there no sort of vaulting where they would make sense? (Regardless, since all dungeons were created by mad wizards, we can deduce that this particular wizard was not an architect.)

dave2008

Legend
I don't know enough about architecture to have any idea why the diagonal columns would be superfluous. Is there no sort of vaulting where they would make sense? (Regardless, since all dungeons were created by mad wizards, we can deduce that this particular wizard was not an architect.)
In fantasy architecture anything is possible!

Without a section to see what is going on with the ceiling / roof I can't really make a final determination, but the fact that the spacing gets wider and wider implies the columns are just aesthetic and not structural. Why else would the spacing go from approx. 10' in the Y direction to over 50'?! It is by no means a big deal - it just looked odd to my architects eye! I mean you could make the argument that all the columns are superfluous if this is a domed space. The Pantheon's dome is 142' in diameter without supports, and this is a bit smaller than that. It is hard to tell what the columns are doing without a section.

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 3rd, 2023 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 48x56 10' Squares (72 dpi) or 72x92 5' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1700x2025
  • Areas 3 and 26 have columns/pillars.
  • Areas 6 and 21 have false double doors (and/or gates).
  • Area 13 has a statue on a dais.
  • Area 28 a) is at a higher elevation that area 28 b). There is a ladder that allows access between the two levels.
  • Area 36 has open pits/wells.
  • Area 38 has a pool/fountain.

This is how the last three weeks of maps fit together. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-03-2023 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 3rd, 2023 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 + 1 bonus map) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #53 map. Next week will be the dungeon level of this building. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10 ft. Squares or 72x92 5 ft. squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This map continues from the Monday Blues #52 map.
  • The shaded 'L'-shaped section in the top right corner is the rooftop from Upper Level 1.
  • The white triangles on the walls are arrowslits.
  • The white squares on the rooftop represent parapet spaces.
  • Areas 1, 12. and 14 have arches.
  • Areas 2, 25, 27, and 29 a) have statues.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #53 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #53 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 10th, 2023 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 48x56 10' Squares (72 dpi) or 72x92 5' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1700x2025
  • This map continues from last week's map.
  • Areas 1 b) and 34 b) have stairs that lead up.
  • Area 10 has a pool/fountain.
  • Areas 11, 26, 24, and 30 have false double doors (perhaps they are gates that allow access throughout the dungeon).
  • Areas 19 and 25 have open pits.
  • Areas 25 and 27 b) have statues.

This is how the last four weeks of maps fit together. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-10-2023 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 10th, 2023 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 + 1 bonus map) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
To be fair, I got the whole teleport/gate idea from the old Eye of the Beholder computer games. It had archway-like carvings in the walls that could be activated and allow direct travel to the different levels. That idea has always stuck with me.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #54 map. This is the dungeon level for the last two building maps (Monday Blues #52 and #53). Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10 ft. Squares or 72x92 5 ft. squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This map continues from the Monday Blues #52 map.
  • The stairs at area 1 lead up to the ground level of the Monday Blues #42 map (area 15 b).
  • Areas 2 a), 3, 4, 5, 8, and 25 have columns/pillars.
  • Areas 2 b) and 26 have open pits.
  • Areas 8, 12, 14, 32, and 37 c) have statues.
  • The stairs north of area 30 lead down from the dungeon level to a series of natural caves.
  • Area 37 b) is a cliff ledge over looking the lower elevation of area 37 a).
  • Areas 41, 45, and 46 have water.
  • Area 45 is an enclosed cave that is fed by the submerged water channel flowing through/under it.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #54 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #54 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

I've bundled the three related maps at DriveThru. You can get the three maps for the price of two. MondayBluesBuilding [BUNDLE] - Paratime Design | Building Maps | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 17th, 2023 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • This map continues from the Feb 3rd 2023 Friday Freebie/Enhanced map.
  • Areas 1 and 9 have false double doors (perhaps they are gates that allow access throughout the dungeon).
  • Areas 2 and 30 have hidden pit traps.
  • Area 19 has columns/pillars.
  • Area 19 has a statue.
  • Area 22 has a pool/fountain.
  • Area 32 b) has a secret trap door in the floor that leads to the narrow tunnel underneath (that leads to area 39).

This is how the last four weeks of maps fit together. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-17-2023 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 17th, 2023 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 + 1 bonus map) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads