D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the March 26th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. This finishes the water dungeon theme. I will post the DriveThruRPG bundle link once it is ready. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This dungeon can be used as a stand-alone dungeon or can be combined with the March 5th, 12th, and 19th 2021 dungeon maps.
  • The grey areas on this map represent water. The white areas are dry.
  • Area 1 has steps leading down to the water level.
  • The stairs near area 1 lead up.
  • Area 1 has a statue.
  • Areas 1, 9, and 16 have pillars.
  • Area 4 has large columns.

If you put this week's and last three weeks' maps together, you get this. I've included both the white and dark versions. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 03-26-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The March 26th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the April 2nd, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Area 1 has steps that lead up to a raised platform.
  • Areas 1, 2, 3 b), 8, 11, 12, 19, 20, 30, 31, and 32 have statues.
  • Areas 3 a), 4, 11, 13, 16, 19, 22, 41, 32, 35, 37, and 40 b) have pillars.
  • Areas 12 b), 20 b), and 32 b) are raised platforms/daises.
  • Areas 12 b), 20 b), 32 b), and 40 b) have altars.
  • The grey of areas 11, 21, 31, 39, and 40 a) represent water. Areas 39 and 40 a) are connected via a submerged tunnel(s) (not shown on map).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-02-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 2nd, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the April 9th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. It's a maze-like dungeon. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Area 3 has a chute trap.
  • Areas 4 a), b), c), d), e), 8, 16, 17, and 18 have covered pits.
  • Areas 6 a), 11, 14, and 19 have pillars.
  • Areas 6 b) and 13 a) have statues.
  • Areas 7 and 19 have tapestries.
  • Area 12 has a pool/fountain.
  • Area 14 has an altar on a dais.
  • The tunnel of area 15 has collapsed and is strewn with rubble.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-09-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 9th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Not sure if there are any Old School Blue fans on these boards but I've created some merch for one of my maps (first of hopefully many).

I took the above image and uploaded it to redbubble so now you can get it on shirts, hoodies, phone cases, posters, stickers, and so on. You can click on the above image or on the text link to go to the redbubble store.

Cheers,
Tim

I'm curious if you imagine the water-filled areas of the dungeon to be entirely submerged (like you must be able to breathe underwater) or just waterlogged (waist-deep or similar with air above).

Obviously, we can do what we want with it, but I'm interested in what you had in mind.

Turgenev

Hero
I would have the 20 ft. wide tunnels being completely submerged; they are also around 30 ft. deep. I picture some of the 10 ft. wide tunnels as being rounded and are at any level in the water. Most of the rooms are also submerged, but not all. For example, the two rooms with the step pyramids in the top section of the combined maps are not completely submerged. The step pyramids jut out of the water. The rooms with the pyramids have another 10 to 20 ft. extra height on top (for a total of 40 - 50 ft).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the April 16th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. It's the first of five connecting maps. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 2, 21 a), 27, and 38 have pillars.
  • Areas 2, 12, 26, and 33 have covered pit traps.
  • Area 3 b) is an open pit (well?) on a dais (or alternatively on a sunken floor).
  • Areas 5, 12, 30 a), 34, and 35 have statues.
  • Area 20 has a thaumaturgic circle.
  • Areas 20 and 30 have braziers.
  • Area 30 b) has a large obsidian monolith on a raised platform/dais.
  • Area 31 b) is a pool or fountain set in the wall.
  • Area 32 a) has a tapestry.
  • Area 41 has open pits (wells?).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-16-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 16th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Not sure if there are any Old School Blue fans on these boards but I've created some merch for one of my maps (first of hopefully many).

Your maps have become part of the bedtime ritual for my four-year-old son. We read a book together, turn out the lights, and then "look at a map" on my phone. He has been super curious about all of the symbols and everything. (He's actually learned most of his two-digit numbers from your maps!) Today, my new tote bag arrived with the old school blue map on it. My son was SO excited that a map had entered the real world from my phone. He pored over it, explaining to his older sister all of the details ("that's a secret door... that's an open pit... these Xes are hidden pits"). It was pretty adorable and the bag was worth the price just for that moment.

MapTote.jpg

Turgenev

Hero
Here's a new Old School Blue map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Area 1 has stairs that lead up.
  • Area 1 has a covered pit trap.
  • Areas 1, 6, 20, and 21 have pillars.
  • Area 17 has a 20' x 10' open pit.
  • Area 20 has an altar.
  • Area 22 has a raised platform.
  • Areas 22 and 30 have statues.
  • Area 30 has a tapestry.
  • Area 30 has a statue on a dais.

Cheers,