D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I'd love to have the whirlpool in 16 pop you up in this room in the pool in the center 3 minutes later...

View attachment 282563
Actually, reviewing the maps, there are a bunch of pools all over the map. I guess it would be cool to get washed up at any of the pools, randomly. With some sort of set of "keys" that can be used at each one to set the destination. Maybe we can call it the Marid Mainline, as water elemental beings would have no problem tavelling on this path

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #64 map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10 ft. Squares or 72x92 5 ft. squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This map continues from last week’s Monday Blues map. This is the keep's dungeon level.
  • Areas 5 a) and 35 a) have connecting teleporters (a shimmering pillar of light?).
  • Areas 5 a) and 35 b) have have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 5 a), 9, and 24 have tapestries.
  • Areas 7, 8, 10, and 27 have pillars.
  • Areas 25, 30 a), and 35 b) have statues.
  • Area 26 has a hidden pit trap.
  • Area 27 has an open pit/well.
  • Area 29 has rubble strewn about.
  • Area 30 a) is at a higher elevation than area 30 b).
  • The circle of dots at area 30 c) is a hole in the ceiling (that connects to the well at ground level).
  • Areas 30 c), d), and e) represent water.
  • The tunnel between areas 32 and 33 has a downward slope arrow.
  • Area 35 b) has desiccated corpses (mummies?) standing watch over the statue.
  • Area 26 a) is at a lower elevation that the ledge at area 30 b).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #64 - Paratime Design | Building Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #64 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the April 28th, 2023 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 48x56 10' Squares (72 dpi) or 72x92 5' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1700x2025
  • This map continues from the April 21st 2023 Friday Freebie/Enhanced Map.
  • Areas 1, 8, and 34 have statues.
  • Area 5 b) has a pool/fountain (with a submerged connection to the nearby water). Area 34 also has a pool/fountain.
  • Areas 13, 25, 31 a), and 34 have pillars/columns.
  • The grey sections of areas 17, 19, 23 a), and 24 represents water (the water is flowing north to south).
  • Area 18 a) is a small island with a large natural pillar carved into a cave.
  • Area 25 is a dais/raised platform with an altar on top, surrounded by pillars. Area 31 b) is a dais/raised platform.
  • Areas 31 and 32 have sarcophagi and coffers (perhaps the sarcophagus in area 31 b) is a fake one and the one in the secret room is the ‘real’ one).
  • Areas 35 and 36 have tapestries.

This is how this week's map and the Jan 20th, Jan 27th, Feb 3rd, Feb 10th, Feb 17th, Feb 24th, Mar 17th, Mar 24th, and Apr 21st 2023 weeks worth of maps fit together. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 04-28-2023 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The April 28th, 2023 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16 + 1 bonus map) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I'm thinking two more to go (under the bottom right corner) to finish part 2. I'm on having some sections that lead off the page for future (potential) expansion. ;)

Here's the overview map with numbers added to it so it is easier to follow the flow of the map. Click to enlarge.

Cheers
Tim

TheDelphian

Explorer
Coolness.

Love your work and I figure things that lead off can just be dead ends and such.

Started working on making this a mega dungeon someday with different groups and such. Some friendly or at least potentially friendly and some not. Same as with your water cavern you are working on. That one seems easier to do as a living ecosystem with as little stretching as possible to maintain some verisimilitude.

Thanks

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #65 map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10 ft. Squares or 72x92 5 ft. squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • Areas 1, 20, and 26 a) have pillars/columns.
  • Areas 1 b), 1 c), 21 a), 28, 33 b), and 33 c) have hidden pit traps.
  • Areas 5 and 7 have tapestries.
  • Areas 8, 28, 33 d), and 33 e) have open pits.
  • Area 13 has a pool/fountain.
  • Areas 21 b) and 33 f) have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 21 b), 32, and 33 a) have statues.
  • Area 33 f) has a pair of sarcophagi.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #65 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #65 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Here's the Monday Blues #65 map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 20, and 26 a) have pillars/columns.
  • Areas 1 b), 1 c), 21 a), 28, 33 b), and 33 c) have hidden pit traps.
  • Areas 5 and 7 have tapestries.
  • Areas 8, 28, 33 d), and 33 e) have open pits.
  • Area 14 has a pool/fountain.
  • Areas 21 b) and 33 f) have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 21 b), 32, and 33 a) have statues.
  • Area 33 f) has a pair of sarcophagi.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: Old School Blue Map #65 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The Old School Blue Map #65 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim
Clearly in room 33 the two statues come alive, and while they can't attack, they can push intruders towards either the trap doors or the open pits

(also @Turgenev you have indicated Area 14 has the pool/fountain, but on the map looks like it's area 13 that has the pool)

Remove ads