• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turin Shroud Older Than Thought

talinthas

First Post
Turin Shroud Older Than Thought

My thoughts are born in miliseconds and die soon after. I'd agree that this shroud of tangibility is indeed older than thought =)

The_lurkeR

First Post
Blasphemy! :p

Actually I can't wait until people in the future try carbon dating things like that grilled cheese sandwich with the virgin Mary on it. :eek:

Angcuru

First Post
Truth Seeker said:
One cannot question the mysteries of the universe, and expect an answer worthy to your understanding.
True, but this isn't a mystery. It's an obvious hoax which people spend way too much money and time on.

Krieg

First Post
Angcuru, please remember that this thread was started as a potential for plot hooks in people's games. If you feel the shroud is a hoax, fine (I do as well) but keep in mind that there are many people in the world for whom the shroud is a matter of faith not science. That is a fruitless argument and one that is specifically verboten on the board. Let's keep the comments constructive shall we?

Krieg

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Oooh...Call of Cthulhu plot idea: The face is not what people assume, but instead the face of Nyarlathotep. Chaos ensues.

OK Now that is what I'm talking about!!

That one is going into my notebook! :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
How about this: The shroud is posessed by a celestial (or fiend, as you like) and has been using its powers to preserve itself through use of probability alteration over the centuries. Someone in the modern day finds out about this, and wishes to free the being in order to extract power from it. Doesn't take or add anything to the origins of the shroud, but adds a heck of an epic plotline to a "ghost-hunter" type modern game.

Last edited:

Mercule

Adventurer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Oooh...Call of Cthulhu plot idea: The face is not what people assume, but instead the face of Nyarlathotep. Chaos ensues.

Which would work really well with Umbran's note about the facial distortion, or lack thereof. Just what would the original face look like?

Remove ads