Turin Shroud Older Than Thought

Torm

Explorer
Nifty! A shroud made before people could think about how to make it. Who'da thunk it? (Nobody, apparently!)

Yes, I know what it meant. :p

Krieg

First Post
lol

Well my personal opinion is that the shroud is a hoax (and no disrespect to those who believe it is genuine) but from a gaming standpoint it is much more fun if it is real.

tarchon

First Post
Kinetics for dating?! If they really wanted to know the age, they'd radiocarbon the putatively original parts, but I'm guessing they won't. I suppose if they did, it would just turn out that the most recently tested part was a "patch" too.

Henry

Autoexreginated
"Between 1,300 and 3,000 years old."

If only I could get my boss to accept that kind of margin of error...

Cyberzombie

Explorer
The Shroud of Turin will never die! No matter what science throws at it, it will always have another trick up its nonexistant sleeves...

Angcuru

First Post
Oh, Stone Angel and his Jesus-cloning ambitions. :p

Anyways, the thing is, always has been, and always will be a hoax. It's a piece of cloth, nothing more. Go do something more productive, like watching paint dry on a crash-test minivan.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Of course, the thing that shows most stongly that the Shroud is a hoax is not the dating. It is the image itself.

Let's say we take a guy, and paint dye on his face. Then lay a cloth over his face, so the cloth picks up the dye. When you take the cloth away, you get a very distorted image of a human face. But the Face on the Shroud is not distorted. It's the image you'd get if someone simply painted an image on the cloth.

Remove ads