• Remove post counts

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 7 19.4%

Psionicist

Explorer
Darkness> Thanks for you reply.

To quote a quote:
"In case Morrus turns of post counts I will keep an eye on you three to see if things changes *evil grin*"

You forgot the smiley there fellow. I didn't really mean that, that is

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Psionicist said:
Darkness> Thanks for you reply.

To quote a quote:
"In case Morrus turns of post counts I will keep an eye on you three to see if things changes *evil grin*"

You forgot the smiley there fellow. I didn't really mean that, that is
A "stick-tongue-out" smiley - not exactly the best way not to offend... :rolleyes:

Anyway - thanks for the clarification. Hatchet buried... :)

Psionicist

Explorer
Darkness said:
A "stick-tongue-out" smiley - not exactly the best way not to offend... :rolleyes:

Anyway - thanks for the clarification. Hatchet buried... :)

Good point, I should have added a sarcastic one, not the "ha ha, neeeee-er. Neeeee-er" :)

Wicht

Hero
Well I voted to keep the post count. Personally I like seeing how much I posted for a variety of reasons. I really don't look much at other poster's numbers but like to keep tabs on myself.

And I do not spam. Nor am I tempted to spam. I just post a lot in Fight Club.

Holy Bovine

First Post
**raises hoof** Question!

What, exactly consititues spam? Is it solely a judgement call on the part of a moderator/admin? Or are there certain criteria you look at?

I am around the boards a lot lately, having a great deal of free time for a variety of reasons, and I guess I post to a lot of threads. I don't start many threads but I generally post to the same thread multiple times (if new question/points are raised).

I try to avoid 'spamming' but I find that I really don't know what makes one post 'legit' and another 'spam'. I can understand avoiding one line posts like 'me too!' or 'what wicht said' etc.. but what else would be considered spam?

Psionicist

Explorer
Wicht said:
Well I voted to keep the post count. Personally I like seeing how much I posted for a variety of reasons. I really don't look much at other poster's numbers but like to keep tabs on myself.

And I do not spam. Nor am I tempted to spam. I just post a lot in Fight Club.

That's a honest answer :)

Psionicist

Explorer
Holy Bovine said:
**raises hoof** Question!

What, exactly consititues spam? Is it solely a judgement call on the part of a moderator/admin? Or are there certain criteria you look at?

In your case, the "I Beat Morrus" thread.

Wicht

Hero
Psionicist said:

In your case, the "I Beat Morrus" thread.

Personally I wouldn't have said the thread was spam, though many of the replies were. I remember when I first passed Morrus (Day 2 :p) and the fact I thought it was neat. A little bragging is not really spam IMO (though it might be considered in poor taste by some who are too highminded to care about such things) ;)

Remove ads