• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turn of post count?

Question

• Keep post counts

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Remove post counts

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 7 19.4%

Psionicist

Explorer
Darkness> Thanks for you reply.

To quote a quote:
"In case Morrus turns of post counts I will keep an eye on you three to see if things changes *evil grin*"

You forgot the smiley there fellow. I didn't really mean that, that is

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Psionicist said:
Darkness> Thanks for you reply.

To quote a quote:
"In case Morrus turns of post counts I will keep an eye on you three to see if things changes *evil grin*"

You forgot the smiley there fellow. I didn't really mean that, that is
A "stick-tongue-out" smiley - not exactly the best way not to offend... :rolleyes:

Anyway - thanks for the clarification. Hatchet buried... :)

Psionicist

Explorer
Darkness said:
A "stick-tongue-out" smiley - not exactly the best way not to offend... :rolleyes:

Anyway - thanks for the clarification. Hatchet buried... :)

Good point, I should have added a sarcastic one, not the "ha ha, neeeee-er. Neeeee-er" :)

Wicht

Hero
Well I voted to keep the post count. Personally I like seeing how much I posted for a variety of reasons. I really don't look much at other poster's numbers but like to keep tabs on myself.

And I do not spam. Nor am I tempted to spam. I just post a lot in Fight Club.

Holy Bovine

First Post
**raises hoof** Question!

What, exactly consititues spam? Is it solely a judgement call on the part of a moderator/admin? Or are there certain criteria you look at?

I am around the boards a lot lately, having a great deal of free time for a variety of reasons, and I guess I post to a lot of threads. I don't start many threads but I generally post to the same thread multiple times (if new question/points are raised).

I try to avoid 'spamming' but I find that I really don't know what makes one post 'legit' and another 'spam'. I can understand avoiding one line posts like 'me too!' or 'what wicht said' etc.. but what else would be considered spam?

Psionicist

Explorer
Wicht said:
Well I voted to keep the post count. Personally I like seeing how much I posted for a variety of reasons. I really don't look much at other poster's numbers but like to keep tabs on myself.

And I do not spam. Nor am I tempted to spam. I just post a lot in Fight Club.

That's a honest answer :)

Psionicist

Explorer
Holy Bovine said:
**raises hoof** Question!

What, exactly consititues spam? Is it solely a judgement call on the part of a moderator/admin? Or are there certain criteria you look at?

In your case, the "I Beat Morrus" thread.

Wicht

Hero
Psionicist said:

In your case, the "I Beat Morrus" thread.

Personally I wouldn't have said the thread was spam, though many of the replies were. I remember when I first passed Morrus (Day 2 :p) and the fact I thought it was neat. A little bragging is not really spam IMO (though it might be considered in poor taste by some who are too highminded to care about such things) ;)

Remove ads