D&D 5E Turn Undead as a Spell?

aco175

Legend
I'm likely missing something with the rest of the campaign. I'm initially against the idea of making it a spell. I like the idea of a limited casting option, but taking class features for spells cheapens that class. Tasha's already has options to use Chanel Divinity to gain spells back.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I'm likely missing something with the rest of the campaign. I'm initially against the idea of making it a spell. I like the idea of a limited casting option, but taking class features for spells cheapens that class. Tasha's already has options to use Chanel Divinity to gain spells back.
The "class" is gone, which is what you're missing (understandable since I never said anything about it).

I've reducing 5E to three classes, based primarily on the sidekick classes, so the Expert, Magus, and Warrior.

Magus incorporates Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, and Wizard features into a general class. As such, certain features as Turn Undead, will be regulated to spells in theory, but we'll see how it goes.

dave2008

Legend
The "class" is gone, which is what you're missing (understandable since I never said anything about it).

I've reducing 5E to three classes, based primarily on the sidekick classes, so the Expert, Magus, and Warrior.

Magus incorporates Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, and Wizard features into a general class. As such, certain features as Turn Undead, will be regulated to spells in theory, but we'll see how it goes.
I've thought about going to 3 classes, but a differet group:

Divine (all celestial magical ability classes - not spell based)
Magic-User (all arcane magic classes - spell based)
Mundane (would combine your expert and Warrior

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases