WotBS "Tweaking" WotBS for 4E.

Blackbrrd

First Post
Some very good points EugeneZ especially regarding the Dead Rising encounter. I do believe there is some errata for that encounter? Anyway, I changed the AOE damage to 1d6+3 or something, which made it into a dangerous, but very interesting tactical encounter.

Regarding the skill challenges, I did run them as skill challenges, giving each player his or her turn. This works out so every player participates instead of the normal RP encounters where some players hangs back and let somebody more comfortable with role-playing take over. I did however not rely one hundred percent on the dice rolls or the rules, but allowed creative usage of skills if the role-playing was good enough.

I believe that skill challenges are opportunities for a bit more structured role-playing and calling them bad because the DM and the players have to add something to make them work is like saying that 4E is tactical miniature game.

Playing a role-playing game is about grabbing opportunities to role-play and the skill-challenges gives you some great opportunities if played right.

Last edited:

Remove ads