D&D 5E Twilight Cleric, a play report (DM's perspective)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Other good concentration spell from clerics?

wall of fire
confusion (it's not the best control spell, but it's solid)
ice storm
pass without trace
polymorph
hold person/monster
flaming sphere
arcane eye
suggestion
spirit shroud
summon celestial

and that's just a very quick scan...

At 5th level when 3rd level spells come online all the love goes to Spirit Guardians.

It should rightly go to Revivify. No spell changes game play more than that bad boy. It makes death a mere temporary inconvenience.

Really not sure how some dude tossing out +d4 to Saves, Ability checks and Attacks, bringing people back from the dead, ritual casting, removing status effects, giving everyone temporary HP, Channel divinity options, and healing everyone cant be called a great support character.

They're not the juggernauts they were in 3.5, or the heal-bots they were in 1 and 2E but I think we're all in agreement that this is a good thing.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
At 5th level when 3rd level spells come online all the love goes to Spirit Guardians.

It should rightly go to Revivify. No spell changes game play more than that bad boy. It makes death a mere temporary inconvenience.

Really not sure how some dude tossing out +d4 to Saves, Ability checks and Attacks, bringing people back from the dead, ritual casting, removing status effects, giving everyone temporary HP, Channel divinity options, and healing everyone cant be called a great support character.

They're not the juggernauts they were in 3.5, or the heal-bots they were in 1 and 2E but I think we're all in agreement that this is a good thing.

Don't forget talking to dead people, and talking to people on the other side of the planet or on other planes.

Gabriel879

Villager
It's powerful in my IWD game, that's for sure. It's also kind of tedious to run - the player having to constantly update people on how many bonus HP they have now, and the fact that it triggers at the end of each player's turn keeps confusing people. We also had to work out that it doesn't save someone who's bleeding out already.
Simple solution I do as a player, I dont cast it on non PC so no summons/minions. And I only roll if they've taken damage, since some classes avoid 90% of the combat they can be hit so it's a waste of time for them. And 1d6+lvl isn't that much if the tank is taking most of the hits as it helps keep him/her alive, but it gets soaked up pretty quickly.

Remove ads