• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Twin Peeks: Races of Faerun and Arms & Equipment Guide

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
bah! they took all the generic critters such as Yuan-ti, goblins, hobgoblins, lizardfolk and instead of putting them in SS they put them in here...now i have to buy TWO books instead of one...

this will prolly be my first and ONLY FR book i'll ever buy...

Melmoth

First Post
How many new weapons are in A&E and how many of them are from the Splat books? Does A&E have all the weapons and armor in RoF?

Also is the mundane equipment in A&E like hacksaws, moneybelts and clothing just fluff or are there rules to go with it?

TIA

rvaughn_ffg

First Post
any *new* weapons?

I gotta admit, I was pretty disappointed in the new weapons in Sword and Fist . . . they were either uninteresing or unbelievable. Does A&EG have *any* new weapons, or are they all just reprints?

Rob Vaughn

EricNoah

Adventurer
Melmoth said:
How many new weapons are in A&E and how many of them are from the Splat books? Does A&E have all the weapons and armor in RoF?

Don't know exactly, I'll have to check later. It seemed like a lot of the weapons from Sword and Fist, if not all, were included. I think there is some overlap between A&E and Races of Faerun, but I think RoF had some unique ones.

Also is the mundane equipment in A&E like hacksaws, moneybelts and clothing just fluff or are there rules to go with it?

Some things had rules, some didn't.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Re: any *new* weapons?

rvaughn_ffg said:
I gotta admit, I was pretty disappointed in the new weapons in Sword and Fist . . . they were either uninteresing or unbelievable. Does A&EG have *any* new weapons, or are they all just reprints?

Rob Vaughn

I think I saw new weapons in A&E, but I'm not familiar enough with the exact contents of the splatbooks to do a weapon-by-weapon comparison.

trentonjoe

Explorer
It seems to me that many of the races have been printed before. Is their new informationon the genasi, drwo, deep gnomes, halfling subtypes, etc? If so could you describe it?

Thanks.

EricNoah

Adventurer
pierworker said:
So Eric, in a very casual, non-official, gamer-to gamer sorta way, how would you rate A&EG on a scale from 1 to 10?

Completely subjective with nothing to back up my opinion, I would say about a 6. Partly because I think a big book of "lists of stuff and their stats" is not as interesting/fun to read as other types of books. Also because of the b&w bland interior and relative paucity of illustrations. (Did I use that word right?)

However, the book has lots and lots of nuggets of good stuff, it's just not really presented in any overarching context.

EricNoah

Adventurer
trentonjoe said:
It seems to me that many of the races have been printed before. Is their new informationon the genasi, drwo, deep gnomes, halfling subtypes, etc? If so could you describe it?

Thanks.

I'll have to get into this more later when I'm at home, but there seemed to be a decent amount of history/culture information on each race, along with info on any common or special/unique equipment their race might use. Stuff like that. There's quite a bit more than just the "bullet point" info we've seen in books like FRCS.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads