Twin Rose's Campaign Suite...Thoughts?

Old One

First Post
Greetings!

I have read a couple of things on TR's Campaign Suite and would like to get some feedback from anyone who is currently using. Specifically:

(1) How intuitive/user-friendly is it?
(2) How buggy?
(3) Has it significantly improved your campaign organization and/or reduced prep time?

Any other comment are welcome...

Thanks in advance!

~ Old One

kenaustin

First Post
I just purchased this Sunday night. Haven't played around with it too much, yet. I made a quick test character, a fighter, in fairly short time (10 mins or less). I then started to input my campaign info. After a couple of mistakes on my part, I had my pantheon saved. Gonna start putting in PrC's & Races tomorrow. I'll try give you a better idea of how it's going later, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not disappointed.

Twin Rose

First Post
bolen said:
I like it. It seems easy enough alot will depend on if the community supports this or e-tools.

We've been getting a huge outpouring of support from all the D20 Publishers, and I do mean all of them, to see their stuff being added to Campaign Suite.

Just teh basic package, for example, comes with all the deities from Norse Gods and all the statistics for the weapons found in Arms & Armor - both by our friends at Bastion Press.

Librum Equitis is soon to hit eShelves, and several Mystic Eye Games products can already be found for Campaign Suite.

Wild Spellcraft, with random tables to aid your use of Wild SPellcasting in your game, is a free download.

The community, especially through various yahoo groups and web sites, has been very supportive. In some cases, I have no control over what they do - as they may not be following the OGL correctly - so I haven't personally downloaded any of their expansion works and don't endorse them or point to them in any way. I suppose this is the same as any eTools data files, or word documents, or PDFs - it happens, but I hope the users are responsible in what they post.

We have a long history of support, and we will continue to do so. Our proffit margins aren't expected to be as high as eTools, so a program that Hasbro might sniff at and then never support - at least not for the first 8 months - would be a success for us.

Also, Campaign Suite stresses the value of the DM tools - tying it all together with things like Class editors and advanced feat editors that let you set the fact that a feat can modify certain other aspects of your characters.

The D20 community is rich and vibrant, and I'm very proud to call myself a part of it, and working hard to bring it all together electronically.

Last edited:

bolen

First Post
chris,

I would like to download some example campaigns. Do you have any of these. I have put about 1/5 of the kalamar player's guide in to CS. Id love to download some other people's work. I have gone to your website. But I don't know anything about the yahoo group.

Twin Rose

First Post
bolen said:
chris,

I would like to download some example campaigns. Do you have any of these. I have put about 1/5 of the kalamar player's guide in to CS. Id love to download some other people's work. I have gone to your website. But I don't know anything about the yahoo group.

The address for the group is in my General discussion forum ... I won't post it here, seems like advertising to me and I don't want to sneak it in like that.

mikey6990

First Post
I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have finally gotten around to doing more with it than just play around. The more I use this software, the more I am impressed with it! I really needed a program to manage a campaign with. It did not need to have the best character generator, or best mapper, but did need the ability to allow me to add the things I needed for my campaign. I have just finished adding new races, classes, skills, and feats to the program for use in my campaign. The ability to easily add my campaign's data is great.

This program has allowed me to keep up with the characters, NPCs, encounters, monsters, races, feats, skills, notes, as well as whole dungeons/modules. I keep a lot of notes on various things at the game table. Campaign Suite allows me to keep all of this information in one place with cross references and good organization. I just sit down for about 15 minutes after a session and enter the data in CS.

I guess you can see I REALLY like this product!

Mike

Old One

First Post
Thanks, Mike...

That's the kind of info I am looking for:D!

I have limited time, with my Oh-so-busy life, and am looking for a fairly comprehensive package that would help me be more organized...

Anyone else?

~ Old One

drnuncheon

Explorer
I've got some questions too:

How easy is it to add in new classes, PrCs, feats, spells? Easier than PCGen? Do I have to go and muck around with text files or is there a nicer way to do it?

How about house rules? If I use, say, 'Skill Focus gives +3' or 'ranger gets 2 feats from the following list' can I go in and easily change it?

Is there a way to override prerequisites? (Say I want to deliberately give a character a feat or a PrC that they don't qualify for.)

Can you search your NPC lists? (Say I want to look at all of my sorcerers) Can you add your own fields to be searched? (say I want to search for all of the members of a particular organization)

I think that's all for now.

J

Remove ads