Twin Swords (? Something Like That)

the Jester

Legend
What is the Twin Swords feat? What's it do? It was suggested for one of my characters, but I don't know what it is or where to find it.

(I could have the name slightly wrong, too.)

Willtell

First Post
--

Twin Sword Style, requires the two weapon fighting feat. When using a pair of swords (dagger, longsword, rapier, scimitar or shortsword) in any compination you can pick an opponent during your action and get a +2 armor bonus to your characters AC.

This bonus stacks with any other armor or shield bonus and any condition that makes you lose your dexterity bonus to AC also makes you lose this bonus.

Kal Skid

First Post
Sounds like Twin Sword Style from FRCS. When you fight with two blades, you can designate an opponent to gain a +2 armor bonus against that opponent (this armor bonus stacks with actual armor bonus, as well as shield armor bonus). Basically a slightly more powerful Dodge.

It requires Two Weapon Fighting, and the ability to pick regional feats from Sembia or Waterdeep, or drow elf as a race (you can have 2 ranks in Knowledge: Local if you're not from the aforementioned location/race).

the Jester

Legend
Aha... sounds a lot like Two Weapon Defense except a wee bit better, eh?

On a related note, is there a feat you can take to treat one-handed weapons as light weapons for purposes of two-weapon fighting? The goal is to keep my dwarf fighter/ranger/rogue's two-weapon sneak/power attack as good as possible (I'm switching my weapons from shortswords to longswords with my dm's permission; but I really don't like the idea of taking an extra -2 to attacks...)

Felix

Explorer
Well, you do get more bang for your buck if you pick up Weapon Focus: somethang... Reduce your penalties from a -4/-4 to -3/-3. Decide if that reduction in to-hit chance is worth the average 1 more damage per hit... if you're fighting HP-loaded low-AC bad dudes, I'd say go for it.

Chasmodai

First Post
the Jester said:
... is there a feat you can take to treat one-handed weapons as light weapons for purposes of two-weapon fighting?

Only one I know of is from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed - Massive Two-Weapon Fighting. Requires Strength 17 and a BAB of +7.

...sounds a lot like Two Weapon Defense except a wee bit better, eh?

Only works against one opponent. Two Weapon Defense works against everyone.

Remove ads