Two Potential Games

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
OK, I had a great time in the SotC game madwabbit ran last time, so I figured I'd help out this time by running something. Of course, I can't really decide what to run. Since we're a bit short of games, I figure something that can take a fair number of people is good, so here are two options. Let me know which you think is more fun and I'll run that. You aren't really violating the sign-up rule since you aren't signing-up for them yet. Really! :)

Option one: Weekend Warriors

One weekend a month and two weeks out of the year. That's what they say -- but with the need for troops in the middle east, you've been called up for active duty stateside. Well, it could be worse, right? After all, what could possibly go wrong while guarding a remote military research installation in the New Mexico desert? [Cue maniacal laughter.]

This action-packed adventure sets your soldiers against the terrors that shall arise in the desert. (Come now, you didn't really think it would be a routine mission, did you? Talk about boooring.) Expect lots of combat and only a little role-playing with NPCs. Few things that attack military bases can be reasoned with.

The game uses Savage Worlds, which is designed for Fast, Furious, and Fun games. No knowledge of the system is needed before you arrive. Note: This is the 12 to Midnight adventure, so if you've read/GM'd/played it before, it might affect your enjoyment this time. Up to 10 players.

Option two: The Temple of Mysteries: In Media Res

Want to go dungeon-delving? Like the excitement of the climatic showdown, the final reveal of the mysteries, the last devious puzzle? Hate all the mindless combat just to get there? Then this is for you! The adventure starts right outside the last room in the dungeon, in media res. Your characters have done all the rest of it for you.

Of course, every character has a hidden secret that might change the finale. You all have some connection to this Temple of Mysteries, but is it a hidden insight into the nature of the challenges you'll be facing, or a reason to stab your fellow adventurers in the back and steal off with treasure?

The game uses Savage Worlds, which is designed for Fast, Furious, and Fun games. No knowledge of the system is needed before you arrive. Note: This is the Monte Cook adventure, so if you've read/GM'd/played it before, it might affect your enjoyment this time. Up to 6 players.

-----------

Anyone dying to play either of them? I don't really expect to compete with voluminous amounts of win generated by super-spy rockers, but if you want some modern-horror or are desperate for a new spin on the classic trope of the dungeon, give a shout.

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
Argh, it feels like I'm listening to Rush Limbaugh with all of these ditto-heads around!

And, yes, you said you'd prefer Weekend Warriors, but you're just a silly wabbit! (I know I'm mangling my cartoon rabbits, but tough!) I'd have thought that, on a site created for D&D, there'd be more interest in fantasy. But I'm happy to run either. I'll post whichever game seems more popular on Thursday. Of course, fantasy lovers need to start breeding like, well, wabbits to tilt the scales here.

It's not surprising to see more non-fantasy games at the Gamedays. Most people play those kinds of games regularly; the gamedays are a chance to play something different.

Bretbo

First Post
Don't know if you have ever run Weekend Warriors at a con before, but once when I played it at such an event the GM had a tough time getting the entire adventure within time constraints. Not saying it can't be done, just be prepared to adapt.

Oh, and given I've already played Weekend Warriors, I'd go for the fantasy option.

John Crichton

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
It's not surprising to see more non-fantasy games at the Gamedays. Most people play those kinds of games regularly; the gamedays are a chance to play something different.
Truth. Rare is the time I play D&D or fantasy in general at a Gameday or Con.

Remove ads