Two quick questions

Malin Genie

First Post
(1) Do clerical domain abilities only apply to the clerical class, or to the character as a whole in the case of a multiclassed cleric?

For example, does the '+1 caster level to spells with the good descriptor' for a cleric/wizard with the Good domain apply when she casts an arcane Monster Summoning I for a celestial dog?

And for a cleric with the Knowledge or Trickery or Travel or Plant etc domains, does the 'X is a treated as a class skill' mean that for that character, X is a class skill, or for clerical levels only X is a class skill?

(2) If a character is wildshaped into a Huge creature, can they then use change self or alter self to disguise themselves as another Huge creature, or do the 10%/50% limits respectively apply to the 'base' form rather than the form in which the spell was cast?

Actually, a third that I just thought of:

(3) Sotillion, a Greyhawk deity from the Gazetteer, lists net as her favoured weapon. What happens when a cleric of Sotillion cats Spiritual Weapon? Do they get a net which entangles as normal, or a 'net' which (somehow) strikes for 1d8 damage (and ? criticals, as a net can't critical per se...)

Thanks!

Last edited:

milo

First Post
(1) Do clerical domain abilities only apply to the clerical class, or to the character as a whole in the case of a multiclassed cleric?
I would say this is just for the Cleric levels.

(2) If a character is wildshaped into a Huge creature, can they then use change self or alter self to disguise themselves as another Huge creature, or do the 10%/50% limits respectively apply to the 'base' form rather than the form in which the spell was cast?
I think that this would be ok, alter self doesn't have that much actual game impact.

3) Sotillion, a Greyhawk deity from the Gazetteer, lists net as her favoured weapon. What happens when a cleric of Sotillion cats Spiritual Weapon? Do they get a net which entangles as normal, or a 'net' which (somehow) strikes for 1d8 damage (and ? criticals, as a net can't critical per se...)
I can't help you here.

Zenon

First Post
Malin Genie said:
For example, does the '+1 caster level to spells with the good descriptor' for a cleric/wizard with the Good domain apply when she casts an arcane Monster Summoning I for a celestial dog?

Yes, it does(but only for the clerical version).

Per the SRD:

When the character uses a summoning spell to summon an air, chaotic, earth, evil, fire, good, lawful, or water creature, it is a spell of that type. For example, summon monster I is a lawful and evil spell when cast to summon a dire rat.

I believe the same phrase is under the Summon Monster I spell in the PHB, and applies to all levels of the spell.

Last edited:

Remove ads