• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two quick questions

Malin Genie

First Post
(1) Do clerical domain abilities only apply to the clerical class, or to the character as a whole in the case of a multiclassed cleric?

For example, does the '+1 caster level to spells with the good descriptor' for a cleric/wizard with the Good domain apply when she casts an arcane Monster Summoning I for a celestial dog?

And for a cleric with the Knowledge or Trickery or Travel or Plant etc domains, does the 'X is a treated as a class skill' mean that for that character, X is a class skill, or for clerical levels only X is a class skill?

(2) If a character is wildshaped into a Huge creature, can they then use change self or alter self to disguise themselves as another Huge creature, or do the 10%/50% limits respectively apply to the 'base' form rather than the form in which the spell was cast?

Actually, a third that I just thought of:

(3) Sotillion, a Greyhawk deity from the Gazetteer, lists net as her favoured weapon. What happens when a cleric of Sotillion cats Spiritual Weapon? Do they get a net which entangles as normal, or a 'net' which (somehow) strikes for 1d8 damage (and ? criticals, as a net can't critical per se...)

Thanks!

Last edited:

milo

First Post
(1) Do clerical domain abilities only apply to the clerical class, or to the character as a whole in the case of a multiclassed cleric?
I would say this is just for the Cleric levels.

(2) If a character is wildshaped into a Huge creature, can they then use change self or alter self to disguise themselves as another Huge creature, or do the 10%/50% limits respectively apply to the 'base' form rather than the form in which the spell was cast?
I think that this would be ok, alter self doesn't have that much actual game impact.

3) Sotillion, a Greyhawk deity from the Gazetteer, lists net as her favoured weapon. What happens when a cleric of Sotillion cats Spiritual Weapon? Do they get a net which entangles as normal, or a 'net' which (somehow) strikes for 1d8 damage (and ? criticals, as a net can't critical per se...)
I can't help you here.

Zenon

First Post
Malin Genie said:
For example, does the '+1 caster level to spells with the good descriptor' for a cleric/wizard with the Good domain apply when she casts an arcane Monster Summoning I for a celestial dog?

Yes, it does(but only for the clerical version).

Per the SRD:

When the character uses a summoning spell to summon an air, chaotic, earth, evil, fire, good, lawful, or water creature, it is a spell of that type. For example, summon monster I is a lawful and evil spell when cast to summon a dire rat.

I believe the same phrase is under the Summon Monster I spell in the PHB, and applies to all levels of the spell.

Last edited:

Remove ads