Two Swords High Decapitating Strike! - Scoop from Rich Baker

Zurai

First Post
Take off the "High" and it's actually exactly what people were saying to do: have a fluff name that is also a good description of what it does. In this case, some kind of two-weapon instant-kill attack, presumably. The "High" is just extraneous.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Man. The people on that thread are grouchy.

Makes ENWorlders look like Sunday morning conversationalists.

I do like Rich's answer to the "so is Drizzt going to learn some manuevers?" question. It isn't as if they haven't been doing this kind of stuff the whole time in tie-in fiction.

Cheers,
Cam

BryonD

Hero
Cam Banks said:
I do like Rich's answer to the "so is Drizzt going to learn some manuevers?" question. It isn't as if they haven't been doing this kind of stuff the whole time in tie-in fiction.
Me too. I completely agree with that philosophy.

The Little Raven

First Post
Cam Banks said:

Exactly. That's what they did with 3e.

"Why is the Simbul a sorcerer all of a sudden?! She's always been a wizard!! OMG RUINING THE REALMS!"

"Well, she's always been a sorcerer. You just weren't looking close enough, before."

Traycor

Explorer
Zurai said:
Take off the "High" and it's actually exactly what people were saying to do: have a fluff name that is also a good description of what it does. In this case, some kind of two-weapon instant-kill attack, presumably. The "High" is just extraneous.
lol. I didn't notice that, but you're right! :lol:

GreatLemur

Explorer
Traycor said:
I assume that Rich Baker was being facetious, but he actually mentioned this maneuver in the Ask the Designers thread. “Two Swords High Decapitating Strike!"
Man, even the WotC people have realized how frigging ridiculous their naming practices get. I hope that means they'll back off on the flowery names, already.

PeterWeller

First Post
Mourn said:
Exactly. That's what they did with 3e.

"Why is the Simbul a sorcerer all of a sudden?! She's always been a wizard!! OMG RUINING THE REALMS!"

"Well, she's always been a sorcerer. You just weren't looking close enough, before."

Not really. This is more, "Drizzt has always been doing cool, flashy stuff in a fight, now the rules support that beyond roll to hit/roll for damage."

Remove ads