• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons Panel at PAX East Today

Halivar

First Post
Deadline? I thought the deadline was Dec 2014. Pretty sure the GenCon "deadline" was invented here on the forums. I'm open to correction though.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I love it when folks jumps to conclusions and hyperboles from no information at all...

Before this dissolve to a thread about how WotC is lying to us and don't tell us anything let's try and keep it about the panel...

Personaly I like the art and I'm looking forward to seeing it better once Trevor get his hands on it,
As for the adventure itself I have no idea, we will have to wait and see.

Warder

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm surprised at the surprise that ToD is a stand alone game. Obviously, ToD = Starter Set. Did no one think one could play the Starter Set by itself?

And seeing as this set comes out before any of the books, it's not surprising, either, that they are focusing on it rather than the entire line.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Right... but why was it the Tyranny of Dragons panel and not the D&D5 panel?
Nobody really cares about Tyranny of Dragons, not when there's still the Sundering going on and that's proving to be one giant anticlimax.

I care. You're in a thread full of people who care.

Your insistence that the existence of X means inherently the nonexistence of Y makes no sense to me.

They did a panel on something you are not interested in. Beyond mentioning artwork, they never claimed this was a D&D Next panel. Is that OK?

Sonny

Adventurer
Some cool artwork!

love the Ogre & Tarrasque shots. Nice.

:)

I like that the carrion crawler looks more like the older Basic/1e/2e version (with a little bit of 3e & 4e mixed in). Really disliked the green worm design that looked like it escaped from a Jim Henson production.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Better ring of the ram photo.

View attachment 61224

I love this.

We're in the process of buying a 3d Printer that specializes in making metal rings. I think we may have to try and obtain a license from WOTC to sell some D&D-themed rings. I think this would be awesome in real life - and an excuse for me to get a booth at GenCon next year :)

The Hook Horror is genuinely scary looking. And I love the look of the magic missiles - much more interesting and flavorful than I had imagined them previously.

Remove ads